Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Powder coat wheels black?

View Poll Results: Should I powder coat them black??
Yes 176 70.68%
No 73 29.32%
Voters: 249. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-15-2008, 10:17 PM   #22
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
I think those style wheel black, you wouldn't notice your truck at a glance it would look like just a Tacoma. You wouldn't be able to see the details of the wheels except close up. Do what another poster suggested. Sell these & buy a set of black. But 1st I would have the photoshop crew change your wheels black. So you can see before doing it & see if you like it.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:57 PM   #23
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
should i powder coat my wheels black?

whaddaya think?

Here's photoshop comparison so you can see which you like better:
Attached Thumbnails
Powder coat wheels black?-silverseven.jpg  
Old 01-04-2009, 01:09 PM   #24
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordon
SilverSeven's Tacoma Gallery
thanks rob
Old 01-08-2009, 05:37 PM   #25
swsteven will become famous soon enough
swsteven's Tacoma Gallery
paint the inside black and leave the lip polished
Old 01-11-2009, 07:07 AM   #26
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good -- I voted for PC them, but I think I like the chrome () better... hmm

looks good either way.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:49 AM   #27
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelmarvaTaco View Post
Looks good -- I voted for PC them, but I think I like the chrome () better... hmm

looks good either way.
argh dont say that.. I hate chrome more than anything... these are polished aluminum.. chrome is cheesy and waygeigh

I am really feelin that black...
Old 01-11-2009, 07:52 AM   #28
=T=
Tman12 will become famous soon enough

Name: Taryn
Tman12's Tacoma Gallery
Nice i would do it!
Old 01-11-2009, 08:01 AM   #29
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
argh dont say that.. I hate chrome more than anything... these are polished aluminum.. chrome is cheesy and waygeigh

I am really feelin that black...
lol...

Silvery = chromey to me...

I like both... lol
Old 01-11-2009, 09:21 AM   #30
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
i think since you wheel...you should just rattle can them

its really easy and really cheap...plus touch up is a breeze
Old 01-11-2009, 11:43 AM   #31
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
i rattle canned my stockers flat black..in 3 years now i havent scratched them or chipped the paint. I love black..Flat black to be exact. IF your dead set on powercoat, there is a kit out you can do it yourself, if you have a big enough oven.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:30 PM   #32
Mayor of TW

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
i rattle canned my stockers flat black..in 3 years now i havent scratched them or chipped the paint. I love black..Flat black to be exact. IF your dead set on powercoat, there is a kit out you can do it yourself, if you have a big enough oven.
ya, but you're a street queen...

just kidding
Old 01-13-2009, 04:46 AM   #33
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
I like the look of the black wheels on your truck man do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
i think since you wheel...you should just rattle can them

its really easy and really cheap...plus touch up is a breeze
X2 I might do mine on my mall crawler in the spring.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:18 AM   #35
Rock Solid Toy

what size are your wheels?
Old 01-13-2009, 09:09 AM   #36
CAdiveTaco is just really niceCAdiveTaco is just really niceCAdiveTaco is just really niceCAdiveTaco is just really nice

CAdiveTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Excuse the hijack, I have been thinking about painting my stock aluminum rims with the hammer finish as well. What prep steps were done prior to painting for those of you that have done this? Did you do it with the tire on, mounted?
Thanks
Old 01-20-2009, 10:13 AM   #40
The Cooler King
Dustin03 is a glorious beacon of lightDustin03 is a glorious beacon of lightDustin03 is a glorious beacon of lightDustin03 is a glorious beacon of lightDustin03 is a glorious beacon of light

Dustin03's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Dustin03
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
those wheels look pretty awesome with your setup as is................but if you are wanting to do anything to them, yeah....powdercoat would look awesome!!
x2 I love the way that truck looks now. Black wheels would be boardering on too much black.