Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Powder coat wheels black?

View Poll Results: Should I powder coat them black??
Yes 176 70.68%
No 73 29.32%
Voters: 249. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-13-2008, 07:39 PM   #1
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordon
SilverSeven's Tacoma Gallery
Powder coat wheels black?

should i powder coat my wheels black?

whaddaya think?

Old 12-13-2008, 07:41 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
those wheels look pretty awesome with your setup as is................but if you are wanting to do anything to them, yeah....powdercoat would look awesome!!
Old 12-13-2008, 07:45 PM   #3
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

no no no no noooooo. get new black wheels and sell me yours
Old 12-13-2008, 07:53 PM   #5
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

it would be a flat black.

They dont make these wheels anymore, they arent really that popular, i dont think i have ever seen them on any other truck.. other than one guy on toyota nation
Old 12-13-2008, 07:56 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
flat black will be badass man!!
Old 12-13-2008, 08:25 PM   #7
hell yes i love my truck
MsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Samantha
MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
your truck is beautiful! i wouldn't change a thing but i'm sure black would look pretty bad ass too
Old 12-13-2008, 08:27 PM   #8
Rock Solid Toy

im glad you like it, I was thinking my next mod would be you in the passenger seat
Old 12-14-2008, 06:15 AM   #9
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
who made your bumper
Old 12-14-2008, 06:20 AM   #10
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
screw the powder coat, ive been on a hammered finish kick here lately try that, its pretty kick ass
Old 12-14-2008, 09:30 AM   #11
Beef Slut

Firefighter:
good looking bumper, i might try to fab me up something like that. the hammered finish was a great idea, thanks silverback
Old 12-15-2008, 09:46 AM   #12
BlackJack is on a distinguished road
BlackJack's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks awesome either way!!!

SilverSeven,

Would you mind sharing your setup for your truck? I have an '08 double cab and looking to do something like what you have. Are the gears still factory as well? I'm a novice at this stuff.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:25 AM   #13
taconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nice

taconinja's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to taconinja
They look good now but black would complete the look of your truck in my opinion. Nice looking truck beeteadubs.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:26 AM   #14
The StormTrooper
TightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TightShirts
TightShirts's Tacoma Gallery
i love my black wheels...
Old 12-15-2008, 11:10 AM   #15
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
I say yes!
Old 12-15-2008, 11:50 AM   #16
Rock Solid Toy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
SilverSeven,

Would you mind sharing your setup for your truck? I have an '08 double cab and looking to do something like what you have. Are the gears still factory as well? I'm a novice at this stuff.

no problem man!
It currently has stock gears, and has for the last year + running fine, but i do plan on upgrading to 4.88s in the near future.

Currently I am running a procomp stage 1 6" lift with Alcan 6" leaf pack in the rear to eliminate the blocks and stock springs. I added extended stainless steel brake lines front and rear, however this was not entirely necesary, but i feel better now.

The rims are 18" helo blasters, polished aluminum, and the tires are 35" Pro Comp extreme mud terrains.

All in all i love the setup, just got the leaf pack installed and am loving the solidity of it. Next is coilovers, sliders, gears, exhaust, headers, 4 link rear, etc...
Old 12-15-2008, 02:11 PM   #17
hell yes i love my truck
MsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Samantha
MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
im glad you like it, I was thinking my next mod would be you in the passenger seat
haha nice line
Old 12-15-2008, 02:17 PM   #18
Rock Solid Toy

Old 12-15-2008, 02:40 PM   #19
tacoGrande is on a distinguished road

tacoGrande's Tacoma Gallery
I battled that same question for a while, then I said what the heck, painted them and never regretted it. Go for it.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:48 PM   #20
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
how much does a black powder coat cost