Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

What new tires to buy?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-15-2008, 09:39 AM   #1
jbutch is on a distinguished road
jbutch's Tacoma Gallery
What new tires to buy?

I have researching tire reviews and am as uncertain as when I started. Mostly drive on pavement, snow a big factor, some mild to moderate trails. For a 99 with factory TRD suspension. Thinking about the Yoko geolander at/s, Goodyear wrangler silent armour, or Michelein LTX at2. Anybody have experience with these models or another out there? I've BFG's and had to remove due to vibration.

Thanks.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:27 AM   #2
HighPlains will become famous soon enoughHighPlains will become famous soon enough
HighPlains's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbutch View Post
I have researching tire reviews and am as uncertain as when I started. Mostly drive on pavement, snow a big factor, some mild to moderate trails. For a 99 with factory TRD suspension. Thinking about the Yoko geolander at/s, Goodyear wrangler silent armour, or Michelein LTX at2. Anybody have experience with these models or another out there? I've BFG's and had to remove due to vibration.

Thanks.
I have a set of Michelin LTX AT2's on now. I really like them. They do throw rocks pretty bad on the dirt/gravel roads I drive. They are quiet, and seem to do well in snow. I have not had to use them in the mud yet. You may want to also look at the LTX M/S tire as well. They are less aggressive than the AT2's, and may suit you better with the highway driving. I've had several sets of them on different pickups and liked them a lot. They go in mud much better than they look like they would. My tire guy says he has a lot of trouble keeping the Goodyear silent armor tires balanced. I don't know anything about the Yoko tires.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:51 AM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
i like the wrangler silent armors pretty good, but alos check out the bridgestone dueler a/t revo's.........awesome tire for ALMOST everything. not a great mud tire, but a/t tires arent really for mud. also....toyo open country a/t's and nitto terre grapplers have high remarks!!
Old 12-16-2008, 11:35 AM   #4
jbutch is on a distinguished road
jbutch's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info!