Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Wrangler Dura Trac on 2007 stock tacoma

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-24-2012, 08:49 AM   #21
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.wrong View Post
So dose any One have experience with these tires in some of our Canaidan crappy winters?????????
Are they good on ice??
Are they good in a little or Aolt of snow???
Are they any good in the off road ( mud, gravel roads . Boat launches) ???

The reason im asking because the one reason we take the truck out is bad weather (lots of snow ice ) or to tow our boat! So my factory tires are getting close to being done and it only makes sense to have great tires on the truck we depend on in less than disirable conditions!

Oh ya any one get the 265/70/R17 duratrac under there Tacoma yet???

(I know I keep asking this but I'm hopin some one sees it and will reply that they have one mounted under there Tacoma so I wouldn't have to do what the tire shop suggested " well I guess u might have to keep your spare in the box of your truck" I hate that idea
Why not ask in the Canadian BS thread like I suggested ?
Old 03-24-2012, 09:06 AM   #22
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Do they even make a 267/70/17 Duratrac?
Old 03-24-2012, 09:41 AM   #23
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dennis
LUSETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So dose any One have experience with these tires in some of our Canaidan crappy winters?????????
Are they good on ice??

The reason im asking because the one reason we take the truck out is bad weather (lots of snow ice ) or to tow our boat! So my factory tires are getting close to being done and it only makes sense to have great tires on the truck we depend on in less than disirable conditions!

(I know I keep asking this but I'm hopin some one sees it and will reply that they have one mounted under there Tacoma so I wouldn't have to do what the tire shop suggested " well I guess u might have to keep your spare in the box of your truck" I hate that idea
They're awesome in the snow! Here's a pic from a few years ago, 265/75 16's on stock suspension. I did remove the flaps though as I had a slight rub.

Sorry I can't help with the question of fitting it under the truck, I still have the stock Rugged Fail as a spare.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:02 PM   #24
Cobhc is on a distinguished road

Name: Eric
Cobhc's Tacoma Gallery

2008 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Short Bed. Stock wheels, stock suspension, No Rubbing whatsoever and I didn't need to take my mudflaps off.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:54 PM   #25
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Are they good on ice??

Just put a 265/75/16 spare underneath the truck without any issues. Same size as 265/70/17.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:08 AM   #26
Mr.wrong is on a distinguished road
Mr.wrong's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks a lot !!! To all who have posted

It is so great to have all these people on here to help out with these questions. It's really hard to trust some %#@&@ sales man on some of these topics. Then get screwed by them on buying the wrong products.

Can the people with the duratracs post there pictures on here so u can see how ______cool there trucks look with these skins!!!!

Thanks again to every one with my questions that was great.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:10 AM   #27
Is your truck stock height??
Looks great.. I would love to see what your rims look like without the snow!
Old 04-07-2012, 07:34 AM   #28
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Is your truck stock height??
Looks great.. I would love to see what your rims look like without the snow!
I assume that was directed towards me. Here's another pic, stock suspension....

Old 04-07-2012, 06:04 PM   #29
Sharp!!! Tacoma

What brand of rims are those ?? I really like that style

That looks great on a stock height truck. It's almost like a small lift was done to it and it looks great!
I can't decide if I should upgrade my rims when I go with the new tires or just stat stock!! Hummm
Old 04-07-2012, 06:44 PM   #30
Central Scrutinizer

Thanks, wheels are American Racing "fuel". I've had them for about 8 years now. I bought them when I had my first gen and switched them over the day I bought my '08. They were fairly cheap at the time, around $100 a piece if I remember correctly.