Notices

Wrangler Dura Trac on 2007 stock tacoma

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-23-2012, 07:49 AM   #1
Mr.wrong is on a distinguished road
Mr.wrong's Tacoma Gallery
Wrangler Dura Trac on 2007 stock tacoma

Wrangler Dura Trac

Im so in love with these tires and they look great on oll your truck s on here!!!!
My questions are :
What size can I run on my 2007 Stock 4x4 TRD Double Cab??

Will the new tire fit where my spare is located on the underside of the box with the new tire mounted?

I dont really love the fact I have to but 5 of these tires but I hear you dont want to run differnt sizes as it could really damage the drive train!
Thanks for the help!!!
Old 03-23-2012, 08:09 AM   #2
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Largest tire you can run on stock suspension on a 2nd gen is 265/75/16 or 265/70/17.

Duratracs only come in those sizes, not stock sizes.

You may have to loose front mud flaps due to rubbing. However I will leave that to people with Duratracs on here to confirm. I've seen pics of stock trucks with Duratracs on TW with front mudflaps on.

I think it fill fit underneath the truck, but I would like to hear a confirmation on that from someone aswell, as I need to fit same size spare too there.

Also, look on kijiji for one Duratrac used tire, I would not bother buying a new one for a spare.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:16 AM   #3
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Why why why....
Old 03-23-2012, 08:17 AM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...uspension.html

Not sure about the front flaps but the rears don't rub. I think a 265 spare will fit.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:18 AM   #5
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
You can fit a 33 spare under there..............just need to make one small adjustment.
Old 03-23-2012, 03:53 PM   #6
Wrangler duratrac spare tire

Has any one tried to get a wrangler duratrac 265/70/R17 under the bed of there truck???

Is there any rubbing with that size on a stock Tacoma??
Old 03-23-2012, 03:55 PM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.wrong View Post
Has any one tried to get a wrangler duratrac 265/70/R17 under the bed of there truck???

Again: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...uspension.html

A 265/75/16 and 265/70/17 are the same diameter.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:05 PM   #8
MadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nick
MadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Again: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...uspension.html

A 265/75/16 and 265/70/17 are the same diameter.
Why do you keep pointing to that thread? I don't see anything on there that says if it will fit under the bed (spare tire). Or are you just referring to the rubbing question? I'd like to know who got a 33 to fit under the bed
Old 03-23-2012, 04:12 PM   #9
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadToy View Post
Why do you keep pointing to that thread? I don't see anything on there that says if it will fit under the bed (spare tire). Or are you just referring to the rubbing question? I'd like to know who got a 33 to fit under the bed
Just the rubbing question.

A 33 will not fit without modding.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:13 PM   #10
Ya I keep going to these threds and no ...

Quote:

I'm just hoping I can put the spare under the truck
With that sized spare. Thanks for all the help do far boys!! And gals
Old 03-23-2012, 04:14 PM   #11
Banned
Quote:
I'm just hoping I can put the spare under the truck
With that sized spare. Thanks for all the help do far boys!! And gals
A 265/70/17 is not a 33 inch tire. It is a 30.5 or something like that.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:20 PM   #12
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
A 265/70/17 is not a 33 inch tire. It is a 30.5 or something like that.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:30 PM   #13
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Still not a 33.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:13 PM   #14
Goodyear duratrac owners question of the day!!!!!

Are these tires good on the snow and ice??
I'm asking you guys with the tires insted of taking goodyears word for it from there web site.
Any duratrac owners have there spare under there truck??? 265/70/R17 size yet???
Old 03-23-2012, 06:15 PM   #15
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Post your question here too , there are some more guys from Alberta that may be able to tell you their experience with that tire

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/can...bs-thread.html
Old 03-23-2012, 07:44 PM   #16
TexasEx1 is on a distinguished road
TexasEx1's Tacoma Gallery
I'm planning ahead and wondering which tires are best for 2012 Taco Access Cab, I4 AT 4x2. The stock skins don't impress me as being long lasting (Dunlop AT 20). Any sugs??
Old 03-23-2012, 07:55 PM   #17
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Asking us what tires are good for your truck is like asking us what kind of athletic shoe you should wear. It all depends on what you do.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:14 PM   #18
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasEx1 View Post
I'm planning ahead and wondering which tires are best for 2012 Taco Access Cab, I4 AT 4x2. The stock skins don't impress me as being long lasting (Dunlop AT 20). Any sugs??
I suggest a search. There are many good tires out there and many opinions. Pick one, search info then make a decision.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:39 AM   #19
Winter - Goodyear Dura trac owners - show your faces

So dose any One have experience with these tires in some of our Canaidan crappy winters?????????
Are they good on ice??
Are they good in a little or Aolt of snow???
Are they any good in the off road ( mud, gravel roads . Boat launches) ???

The reason im asking because the one reason we take the truck out is bad weather (lots of snow ice ) or to tow our boat! So my factory tires are getting close to being done and it only makes sense to have great tires on the truck we depend on in less than disirable conditions!

Oh ya any one get the 265/70/R17 duratrac under there Tacoma yet???

(I know I keep asking this but I'm hopin some one sees it and will reply that they have one mounted under there Tacoma so I wouldn't have to do what the tire shop suggested " well I guess u might have to keep your spare in the box of your truck" I hate that idea
Old 03-24-2012, 08:38 AM   #20
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
^ There are a few guys here with Duratracs on stock suspension. I remember from browsing through the many Duratracs threads when I was deciding which tire to pick. Maybe try posting there aswell and PM a guy with that setup. If you see someone with 265/75/16 Duratracs that is the same size tire so they could help too.