1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Looking for a good all season tire

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by TacoNH, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Dec 16, 2008 at 8:28 AM
    TacoNH

TacoNH [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nü Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    07 Blue Tacoma 4.0/6speed
    887s, 5100s, Light Racing UCAs, Nitto 285s, Leer Cap.
    I've got a 2007 tacoma w/ the access cab, 4.0 6spd, amazing truck. Its sitting on stock 245/70/16s. I'm looking to replace these ASAP and was curious to any adverse effects I might experience if I put on a larger tire, like a 265/70/16. I imagine it will perform better off-road, but I spend the majority of my driving on pavement, some trails on the weekends. Also snow performance is big on my part as I'm in the white mountains and its pretty treacherous at times. What I'm looking for is an affordable tire, under $125/tire. I would even buy a nice set of used all-terrains if anyone is in my area..... I plan to get a nice set of wheels this spring, and it would be nice if I could run the new tires I buy on them, so I'm looking for an all season tire, not just a snow tire. Any suggestions guys/girls?

2. Dec 16, 2008 at 9:08 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    I run Goodyear Silent Armors on mine 245/75/16, its has the snow rating & this will be my second Vermont winter on them. I stayed stock size because they are narrower and usually thats an advantage in the snow so I'm told. So far 15k towing my sleds, in my landscaping business, highway trips, and fire roads. Black ice well its stay home or studs right? :D I did pay $125 each after rebate.

I see a lot of used 15s on craigslist due to the Toyota buybacks, but minimal 16s, but craigslist is worth a shot.

3. Dec 16, 2008 at 9:50 AM
    TacoNH

TacoNH [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nü Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    07 Blue Tacoma 4.0/6speed
    887s, 5100s, Light Racing UCAs, Nitto 285s, Leer Cap.
    Thanks, I checked out the silent armors online, but they were a little pricey. I'm going to go to VIP today to get an oil filter and oil and i'm going to check their deals on tires, they usually have some good buys over there.

4. Dec 16, 2008 at 10:59 AM
    RCBS

RCBS How long you willing to tolerate this crap??

Member:
    Harden your bark, there are storms on the horizon.
    Vehicle:
    Goodbye 06, Hello 21. TRDORDCSBMT
    Tornado intake, Duralube, Fartcan.
    normaly i would say BFG AT. but recently i have read some very good things about the new General AT2 tire. supposed to be a good all around tire at a good price. i run two sets of tires/wheels and am thinking of replacing my rugged trails with them. i think the new Ivan Stewart Tundras & Tacomas come with them stock.

i see no reason a bigger tire would hurt anything...maybe your milage. or it could improve it slightly if you do a lot of highway driving?

5. Dec 16, 2008 at 11:04 AM
    David Tarantino

David Tarantino Well-Known Member

Member:
    N.J.
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma
    Bridgestone A/T REVOS

6. Dec 16, 2008 at 1:40 PM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    Yeah online was pricey, I actually ended up buying them locally less expensively. Let us know how you made out!

Before I bought my tires, the local tire warehouse mgr showed me the General AT2s next to the BFG ATs and they were very comparable. He said they would give the BFGs a run for their money and were less money. Nice choice!

7. Dec 17, 2008 at 12:12 AM
    titus5

titus5 Active Member

Member:
    Folsom, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 Double Cab 4x4 SR5
    I second the Bridgestone Dueler Revos....best tire I've ever owned. They stick like glue in the rain and handle high heat situations too. But they don't really fit into your price range.

8. Dec 17, 2008 at 12:22 AM
    stevigee

stevigee It's a MOD, MOD World

Member:
    First Name:
    Stevigee
    Amarillo Texas
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRAIL TEAMS FJ CRUISER
    TRADED FOR 2010 FJ CRUISER TRAIL TEAM Kenwood KDC x792 deck and SW1 pwr sub,cruise,intermittent wipers,hidden hitch, tint, debadge,Nitto Grapplers 265/75-16,Black Powder Coated Toyota Steelies, black steel Toyota wheel center caps, Vent Visors, front guard, leather seat covers, black front badge, shortie antenna, tow hook, seat maglite mod, shock & leaf spring TSB, Extang Trifecta tonneau cover, custom black Fabwright rock sliders 1 3/4" DOM tubing w/ kickout, skid plate, Pop-A-Lock, Bilsten 5100 shocks, BLHM, Azela black tail lights, LEER topper w/rack, tent
    We got 265/75/17 Nitto Tera Grapplers
    [​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top