1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

what would you do???

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by thebaker, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Mar 30, 2012 at 3:31 PM
    thebaker

thebaker [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Byron
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    Upgraded to a 3rd gen
    Never ending......$$$
    I have a set of black raceline renegade 6 wheels sitting in my garage. Waiting for my tires to wear out before i buy a new set to put on the renegades. Always wanted the renegades for my truck and was dead set on them.

Now all of a sudden i picked up a set of konig countersteer offroads in bronze. Found a good deal on a really clean used set that i couldnt pass up.

My tacoma is a white double cab. Im going to debage it shortly. Which wheel would you go with? I like the black but feel its a dime a dozen now. I really like the bronze but dont know if it will look that good with the silver oem tube steps i have. I have to keep the tube steps because it makes it easier to get my son in his car seat.

2. Mar 30, 2012 at 3:56 PM
    TacomaGus

TacomaGus Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gus
    Morgantown, WV
    Vehicle:
    08 White TRD Sport DC
    Tinted Tails, TRD Shift Knob, Kenwood Headunit, Ebay BHLM Lights, Trimmed Mud Flaps, 265/70/17 General Grabber AT2's, WeatherTech Mats, Black Badges, Sylvania ZXE Bulbs, AFE Stage 2 Si Intake, 17x8.5 Level 8 Guardian Wheels, URD SS, Custom 2.5" Catback with Aero 2525 and Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonator, URD MAF CAL, JBA LT Headers, OME 884's, Nitrochargers, Dakars with 3rd lead removed, Light Racing UCA's
    was in the exact same situation as you and still questioning it. I went with level 8 guardian wheels in bronze and, like you, debadged my whole truck. It does look good still (avatar pic) but the black accents make me want black still. I may have lucked out tho since my wheels started chipping after only 6 weeks and i don't wheel, so i may get a replacement set under warranty and i'd prob go black.

However the countersteers are a much better looking style of wheel imo, so i think they would look great on white still. Check out Kidd's build, he has bronze BF's on a super white and they look just like the countersteer...

3. Mar 30, 2012 at 4:13 PM
    4wd Boss

4wd Boss Shake and Bake

Member:
    First Name:
    Jefferson
    Big D
    Vehicle:
    16 Quiksand TRD Offroad
    Fog Light Mod, Pro Grille, raptor lights, 1.25 spacers, RC coilovers
  4. Mar 30, 2012 at 11:00 PM
    thebaker

thebaker [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Byron
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    Upgraded to a 3rd gen
    Never ending......$$$
    i will try and get some pics up of the wheels as soon as i can get ony computer.

Products Discussed in

To Top