Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Narrowed my wheel selection to two XD models...

View Poll Results: What should I go with....
XD Spy 18x9 9 28.13%
XD Monsters 18x9 23 71.88%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-31-2012, 08:14 AM   #1
SAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kelly
SAIRS's Tacoma Gallery
Narrowed my wheel selection to two XD models...

I’ve done another thread with a poll trying to get my wheelchoice down to one. I was excited about most styles, but I eventually loseinterest in them. I was hesitant about the Monsters because they are so commonyou’d think they were a factory option now, but I love how they look onTacomas. I was planning on going with the Monsters, then I saw the XD Spy’s ona Jeep driving into work. I really like them (at least, at the moment I reallylike them). Monsters have stood the test of time for me as far as how I likethe look. I don’t know what the Spy’s will do for me over time, but I thinkwith my tire selection they will make the truck look very tough, solid andaggressive.

I will be putting 285/65/18 Nitto Trail Grapplers on them.

XD Spy 18x9

Check out them on some TW members trucks

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-builds/209380-my-07-tacoma-build.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/wheels-tires/172048-my-white-sport-xd-spy-wheels.html

XD Monster 18x9

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-builds/200819-holyfields-stormtrooper-build.html

Lets get your feedback. I like being unique, but I do likethe Monsters even though they are overplayed. What do you think of the Spy’sinstead?
Old 03-31-2012, 08:26 AM   #2
Toddjt has a spectacular aura aboutToddjt has a spectacular aura aboutToddjt has a spectacular aura about

Name: Todd
Toddjt's Tacoma Gallery
Can we get a pic of the truck they're going on?
Old 03-31-2012, 09:05 AM   #4
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
If I was forced to pick, gun to head etc ... Spy. I like the deep look and don't like how the monsters look flush.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:23 AM   #5
vatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
vatrdtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to vatrdtaco
I like the Spy's. My neighbor has them on his Dodge. If it wasn't for him having them, I'd have them on my Taco.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:49 AM   #6
SAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kelly
SAIRS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vatrdtaco View Post
I like the Spy's. My neighbor has them on his Dodge. If it wasn't for him having them, I'd have them on my Taco.
That's my dilemma with the monsters. Two people on my street have them.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:03 AM   #7
RedDragonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedDragonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedDragonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedDragonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedDragonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedDragonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedDragonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedDragonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedDragonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedDragonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedDragonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Devin
RedDragonTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Cant go wrong with either i think. If you are going for a black and white look do monster if there is some clear/chrome still on maybe do the spys
Old 04-01-2012, 09:16 AM   #10
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Oh God, neither. Both scream CHEESY and DOUCHEBAGERY. Sorry you asked for feedback.
Old 04-01-2012, 03:11 PM   #12
Woods & Water Edition
REDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
REDTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Monsters get my vote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:11 PM   #13
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
The other two guys copied me.