Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Tire bigger then a 265/75/16 Help??

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-31-2012, 04:49 PM   #21
aidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: miguel
aidenhardcore's Tacoma Gallery
I know the duratracs in 226/75/16 come in load c and 45lbs. That should save some mpg since my tires now are load e and 57lbs? I would think. I've heard the duratracs side walls are not that strong and can puncture. Is that true. ?
Old 03-31-2012, 04:49 PM   #22
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharias View Post
WTF is the member here who runs the 255 Coopers and loves them? I've been trying to track him down for this thread.
Pretaco ?
Old 03-31-2012, 04:50 PM   #23
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aidenhardcore View Post
I know the duratracs in 226/75/16 come in load c and 45lbs. That should save some mpg since my tires now are load e and 57lbs? I would think. I've heard the duratracs side walls are not that strong and can puncture. Is that true. ?
Wheeled mine for over a year with no issues.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:52 PM   #24
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Lots of choices in a 275/70/16 and they don't rub. I'm undecided still on which size to go with. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet to look good.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...75&ar=70&rd=16
Old 03-31-2012, 04:53 PM   #25
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thank you dude. Looks great. So highway with them is good. Not much road noise? How's the mpg with them
When I first got them I didn't have the lift yet and I lost an mpg or 2 on the highway. They were a little noisy when brand new. Nothing crazy like the really aggressive MT tires. I usually have the music up though so it wouldn't bother me. They're quiet now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic2230 View Post
Those look good on your truck! I've been looking at the Toyo 275/70/16 for mine when the lift gets here but I might just have to reconsider using 265's. Could probably save some weight and mpg.
Thanks. I was worried they would look small once I had the lift on but I think the Duratracs look fine in 265's with the lift. Not sure how other tires will look since these are a little beefier than most 265's.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:56 PM   #26
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Actually I ran Michelin LTX's on my 2000 for 200,000 miles and they did good. If your not going to be doing any hardcore stuff off road you may consider those. They did great on the highway and driving through light mud when hunting. The tread is really deep and they last forever.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:59 PM   #27
aidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Lots of choices in a 275/70/16 and they don't rub. I'm undecided still on which size to go with. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet to look good.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...75&ar=70&rd=16
Ya but going from 267 75 to 275 70. It's alittle smaller. The tire will be wider but as In tall, there half inch smaller I think? I could be wrong
Old 03-31-2012, 05:00 PM   #28
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ya but going from 267 75 to 275 70. It's alittle smaller. The tire will be wider but as In tall, there half inch smaller I think? I could be wrong
265/75/16 is 31.5
275/70/16 is ?
Old 03-31-2012, 05:02 PM   #29
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
When I first got them I didn't have the lift yet and I lost an mpg or 2 on the highway. They were a little noisy when brand new. Nothing crazy like the really aggressive MT tires. I usually have the music up though so it wouldn't bother me. They're quiet now.

Thanks. I was worried they would look small once I had the lift on but I think the Duratracs look fine in 265's with the lift. Not sure how other tires will look since these are a little beefier than most 265's.
Alright. Thank you. I don't mind them being alittle loud just not anoying lok
Old 03-31-2012, 05:05 PM   #30
Ditch Doctor

EMS:
I don't think a half an inch is going to really matter unless you want to trim under the front. You basically talking about 75% of a tire vs 70% of a wider tire with that. Look at OZ-T's truck. Thats a 275/70/16. Fills the wheel well nicely. Basically a 1/4" on each side of the tire. You'll never miss it.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:06 PM   #31
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
265/75/16 is 31.5
275/70/16 is ?
I don't think a 275 70 16 will fit on my truck. My tire now is really close to the uca or some part when I checked today. Having the width any wider will touch. I can just fit the thumb in there that's all.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:06 PM   #32

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I don't think a half an inch is going to really matter unless you want to trim under the front. You basically talking about 75% of a tire vs 70% of a wider tire with that. Look at OZ-T's truck. Thats a 275/70/16. Fills the wheel well nicely. Basically a 1/4" on each side of the tire. You'll never miss it.
I have 275/70/17 , they are 32 3/8"
Old 03-31-2012, 05:06 PM   #33
Ditch Doctor

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
265/75/16 is 31.5
275/70/16 is ?
Old 03-31-2012, 05:07 PM   #34
Ditch Doctor

EMS:
Quote:
I don't think a 275 70 16 will fit on my truck. My tire now is really close to the uca or some part when I checked today. Having the width any wider will touch. I can just fit the thumb in there that's all.
3" lift you need UCA's buddy. That will clear the tires.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:10 PM   #36

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharias View Post
Says he only has one post. Strange.

This isn't the guy I was thinking of, but he DOES have the coopers in 255:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...55-85-r16.html
Pretaco08
Old 03-31-2012, 05:12 PM   #37
Thumbs up

Quote:
3" lift you need UCA's buddy. That will clear the tires.
I have new ucas. Light racing ucas lol.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:13 PM   #38
Christ Follower
RadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
RadRed06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You need rims with more back spacing. My tires were really close to the uca even with aftermarket uca's, then I got rims with 4.5" back spacing and there's a lot more room between the tire and uca.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:14 PM   #39
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadRed06 View Post
You need rims with more back spacing. My tires were really close to the uca even with aftermarket uca's, then I got rims with 4.5" back spacing and there's a lot more room between the tire and uca.
I should be fine with the factory wheels I would think. I have factory steels.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:15 PM   #40
If ya ain't first, your last!
CNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really nice
Name: Nate
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
Do they make a 275/75/16 tire?

OP I am in a similar situation and have been researching this a bit. To me the 265's look to small and the 255's too narrow, trying to find that happy medium.

Hopefully somebody can chime in and help ya figure it out!