Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Tire bigger then a 265/75/16 Help??

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-31-2012, 05:15 PM   #41
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
235/85/16

cheap, available everywhere, lots to choose from, light, as tall as 265/75/16, lower rolling resistance, lower air resistance

save on gas and get something that looks agressive
Old 03-31-2012, 05:16 PM   #42
aidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: miguel
aidenhardcore's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNEDEER View Post
Do they make a 275/75/16 tire?

OP I am in a similar situation and have been researching this a bit. To me the 265's look to small and the 255's too narrow, trying to find that happy medium.

Hopefully somebody can chime in and help ya figure it out!
They do no make a 275/75/16. Wish they did but they dont
Old 03-31-2012, 05:18 PM   #43
If ya ain't first, your last!
CNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really nice
Name: Nate
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
So would a 285 rub?
Old 03-31-2012, 05:18 PM   #44
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
235/85/16

cheap, available everywhere, lots to choose from, light, as tall as 265/75/16, lower rolling resistance, lower air resistance

save on gas and get something that looks agressive
"235" and "aggressive" shouldn't ever be in the same sentence

Damn pizza cutters
Old 03-31-2012, 05:19 PM   #46
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
So would a 285 rub?
yup, on the pinch welds of the frame (cab mounts) and inside the fender on the plastic shit...get some tin snips and a 4" angle grinder and go nuts.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:20 PM   #47
aidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
So would a 285 rub?
Yes. Even on a three inch lift you need cab mount chop and trimming.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:21 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharias View Post
08pretaco is much more familiar. Looks like he has them, too, but no build thread I could find with a quick glance. Good call, though.

WhiskeyDeltaTango is the guy I was thinking of. He seems to love them and takes them off-road.
08Pretaco runs 35s now and is about to be Long Traveled. He hasn't done an update in a while
Old 03-31-2012, 05:22 PM   #49
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
I trimmed but never touched the cab mount until I moved to 315s.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:24 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
I trimmed but never touched the cab mount until I moved to 315s.
yeah its weird how some guys rub on them and others don't...even if their wheels are similar
Old 03-31-2012, 05:25 PM   #51

I had mine burnt off before I got my 285s so we'll never know if I would've...didn't wanna deal with the headache
Old 03-31-2012, 05:25 PM   #52
I'm thinking 265/75/16 duratracs and some nice dick cepek dc2 would look nice on my truck.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:26 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidenhardcore View Post
I'm thinking 265/75/16 duratracs and some nice dick cepek dc2 would look nice on my truck.
agreed!
Old 03-31-2012, 05:28 PM   #54

Quote:
Now keep in mind that the Duratracs are made of a softer rubber and won't wear as long as some other A/Ts such as the BFG. Make sure you rotate them religiously or you'll start to cup.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:34 PM   #55
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
agreed!
Yes thanks. Can anyone help me with the wheels. For the dick cepek they have one 18x8 on 6.5.5 And 4 inch back spacing and -12 offset. Would that work fine on the duratracs? And fit the caliper
Old 03-31-2012, 05:35 PM   #56
Quote:
Now keep in mind that the Duratracs are made of a softer rubber and won't wear as long as some other A/Ts such as the BFG. Make sure you rotate them religiously or you'll start to cup.
Yes I'll rotate them every 3k. I drive alot highway. I don't want them to wear out like at 20 or 25 k lol. Should I get a good 35 to 40k? That should last me 2 years lol
Old 03-31-2012, 05:38 PM   #57

Quote:
Yes I'll rotate them every 3k. I drive alot highway. I don't want them to wear out like at 20 or 25 k lol. Should I get a good 35 to 40k? That should last me 2 years lol
you'll be lucky to get 30k bud...now the higher the ply, (8 = D and 10 = E) the longer they should last. But that also makes them heavier = worse MPGs (not by much/if any...just had to put it out there)
Old 03-31-2012, 05:41 PM   #58
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Do they make a 275/75/16 tire?

OP I am in a similar situation and have been researching this a bit. To me the 265's look to small and the 255's too narrow, trying to find that happy medium.

Hopefully somebody can chime in and help ya figure it out!
I haven't seen any anywhere.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:43 PM   #59
Quote:
you'll be lucky to get 30k bud...now the higher the ply, (8 = D and 10 = E) the longer they should last. But that also makes them heavier = worse MPGs (not by much/if any...just had to put it out there)
thanks for the infor dude. It sucks. 30 k out of them is bad lol. They will last me maybe 1 year and a half lol. Is there any other tire in a 265/75/16 that's alittle more aggressive then but not an mt. My general grabbers at2 are nice but would like to see more aggressive pattern but not too much. It all sucks cause I drive a lot. Do 22k a year. I want a tire that's some what aggressive but last awhile but that's not going to happen lol
Old 03-31-2012, 05:45 PM   #60

Quote:
thanks for the infor dude. It sucks. 30 k out of them is bad lol. They will last me maybe 1 year and a half lol. Is there any other tire in a 265/75/16 that's alittle more aggressive then but not an mt. My general grabbers at2 are nice but would like to see more aggressive pattern but not too much. It all sucks cause I drive a lot. Do 22k a year. I want a tire that's some what aggressive but last awhile but that's not going to happen lol
Dude honestly in that size I would get BFG A/Ts...they cost about the same as the Duratracs and they will last longer....it's the most proven A/T tire on the market man and has been for YEARS....you can't go wrong with the 40k tread warranty