Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Buying new tires and need suggestions.

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-01-2012, 04:04 PM   #1
"Change is inevitable, but growth is optional."
tacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
tacomarotto's Tacoma Gallery
Question Buying new tires and need suggestions.

So i am just about bald on my BFG a/t 31"s and i need help finding a tire.

(listed from highest priority to least)
I'm looking for:
-A light tire (hope for good mpg's)
-Good for moderate offroading
-Long tread wear life
-trusted name and recommended by my fellow TW'ers
-aggressive look

post up pictures of the tire if you are running them or have a pic of the tire.

thanks yall
Old 04-01-2012, 04:06 PM   #2
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery

duratracs

/thread
Old 04-01-2012, 04:09 PM   #3
tacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yea, when i was thinking of a tire that was light i thought of the duratracs but im skeptical of having a truck/offroad tire from Goodyear or Michelin
Old 04-01-2012, 04:10 PM   #4
hard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
hard2kill's Tacoma Gallery
duratrac will make you happy in everyway....only complaint people have is a weaker sidwall but thats only in harsh sharp rocky offroad conditions....one of the lightest tires on the market,good milage,excellent in all conditions,easy on gas milage etc etc etc..
i personally love the nitto terra grapplers as an a/t tire..
Old 04-01-2012, 04:33 PM   #5

wow, iv been searching and there are A LOT of threads on the topic of Duratracs vs. BFG a/t

so if yall wanna just ignore this thread its kool b/c i have a lot of reading to do.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:41 PM   #6
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomarotto View Post
wow, iv been searching and there are A LOT of threads on the topic of Duratracs vs. BFG a/t

so if yall wanna just ignore this thread its kool b/c i have a lot of reading to do.
I've had both and the only thing that the bfg's beat the duratracs on was road noise
Old 04-01-2012, 05:42 PM   #7
5100s are the same price as spacers, seriously
tacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoftw's Tacoma Gallery
duratracs, bfgs, or nittos are all good tires.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:54 PM   #8
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
I like the km2s
They are a bit louder than my mastercrafts were but are pretty sweet so far none the less, and just go with a 265/75 and should be doing pretty good for gas and such. They were much heavier than the mastercrafts but these are 10 ply as well.
Another id say is the treadwrights, havent had any hands on experience but from what ive found nothing but good reviews!
Old 04-01-2012, 10:51 PM   #9

i wanna get bigger tires soooooo bad but i really cant afford it. If i do go for the mud terrains then i might stick with he 31s but i just hate to hear that i have stay with the same size tire...

what is the size difference from 265/70/16 vs. the 265/75/16???
Old 04-01-2012, 10:52 PM   #10
More Cowbell!

VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i wanna get bigger tires soooooo bad but i really cant afford it. If i do go for the mud terrains then i might stick with he 31s but i just hate to hear that i have stay with the same size tire...

what is the size difference from 265/70/16 vs. the 265/75/16???
75 is taller than the 70's
Old 04-01-2012, 10:53 PM   #11
Tacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
Tacolover443's Tacoma Gallery
I love my duratrac's. They are awesome offroad and arnt really that noisy. They also make the truck look awesome!
Old 04-01-2012, 10:55 PM   #12

do know how much taller, by any chance?

i do like the looks of the duratracs a lot!
Old 04-01-2012, 11:17 PM   #13
More Cowbell!

VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
do know how much taller, by any chance?

i do like the looks of the duratracs a lot!
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...ire-sizes.html

this should help
Old 04-01-2012, 11:20 PM   #14

thanks man
Old 04-02-2012, 08:30 AM   #15
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Search craigslist and all around, you know what i paid for my km2's
Theres deals to be made, just search! I do however have 3 good mastercraft courser m/t's if youd wannem
Old 04-04-2012, 10:22 PM   #16
Taco227 is a splendid one to beholdTaco227 is a splendid one to beholdTaco227 is a splendid one to beholdTaco227 is a splendid one to beholdTaco227 is a splendid one to beholdTaco227 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Mike
Taco227's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Duratracs...great tire!
Old 04-04-2012, 10:56 PM   #17

might be ordering them tomorrow... pretty PUMPED
Old 04-05-2012, 01:11 PM   #18

Going with the duratracs? What size?
Old 04-05-2012, 02:40 PM   #19
I have a spectacular aura
Bryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud of

Bryan139's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard2kill View Post
only complaint people have is a weaker sidwall but thats only in harsh sharp rocky offroad conditions
Has anybody ever seen one popped due to a weak sidewall? Yet to see a pic on TW of a flat Duratrac.

Found one (had to use Google Images to find it though)
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...ml#post4766747