Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

spare question

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-17-2008, 07:27 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
You will be fine. As long as the smaller tire isnt run on an axle with a LS diff, it wont hurt anything. I had to run a smaller tire for 70+ miles when I split one of my tires.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:30 AM   #3
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
swing thru sc on your way to texas...i'll give you a 285/75/16 bfg MT
Old 12-17-2008, 07:31 AM   #4
proshoppb will become famous soon enough
proshoppb's Tacoma Gallery
Yes the smaller one would spin faster. Im am thinking that if you do not have the LSD you would ok to drive with the smaller one for a bit. Worse case you could let some air out of the bigger until it was down close to the size of the spare just to get you to a tire shop.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:38 AM   #5
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
You will be fine. As long as the smaller tire isnt run on an axle with a LS diff, it wont hurt anything. I had to run a smaller tire for 70+ miles when I split one of my tires.
Quote:
Originally Posted by proshoppb View Post
Yes the smaller one would spin faster. Im am thinking that if you do not have the LSD you would ok to drive with the smaller one for a bit. Worse case you could let some air out of the bigger until it was down close to the size of the spare just to get you to a tire shop.
Thanks! Would it matter if I had to engage 4WD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
swing thru sc on your way to texas...i'll give you a 285/75/16 bfg MT
Man, thanks for the offer! But I would spend more on gas and time on that "little detour" than just buying the tire...
Old 12-17-2008, 07:40 AM   #6
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornTaco View Post
Thanks! Would it matter if I had to engage 4WD?

Man, thanks for the offer! But I would spend more on gas and time on that "little detour" than just buying the tire...
we can go wheeling while youre here then