Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

285 Spare

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-03-2012, 10:14 AM   #1
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Socalduckslayer's Tacoma Gallery
285 Spare

Ok I know this has been done. I want to put a 285 spare on a second gen. Can peeps that have sucessfully done this chime in please. I have the tow package and it appears it will clear. I see the brackets have to be hacked but my concern is the rear diff, it looks dangerously close. Any rub issues there? Before I drop 300 bucks on another tire I want to be sure its gonna fit and I dont want to bed mount it. thanks
Old 04-03-2012, 10:17 AM   #2
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Yes it will work

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...html#post47335
Old 04-03-2012, 10:21 AM   #3
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Excellent, thank you sir
Old 04-03-2012, 10:28 AM   #4
Sigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to behold
Name: Sigi
Sigi's Tacoma Gallery
I just did it and have no problems at all.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:37 AM   #5
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OP - I have pics in my build (before I upgraded my rear bumper) with the full size spare and how it clears on all sides

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post3863248
Old 04-03-2012, 11:27 AM   #6
Pelfreybilt Off-Road

Thanks, looks like a tight fit for sure. Great job on your truck.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:28 AM   #7
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
are you guys using the stock spare rim, or buying a steelie with the correct back space?
Old 04-03-2012, 11:40 AM   #8
Pelfreybilt Off-Road

For now I'm going with stock spare wheel. I have he t/x pro wheels, not sure if the spare backspace is 4.5 like the other wheels. I should be ok, the aftermarket uca's shouldn't rub
Old 04-03-2012, 11:59 AM   #10
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalduckslayer View Post
Thanks, looks like a tight fit for sure. Great job on your truck.
thanks! and yeah it's a tight fit. But you can see that it clears both the diff and the tow hitch. And I have dual exhaust, which it also cleared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YumaTRD View Post
are you guys using the stock spare rim, or buying a steelie with the correct back space?
I actually have a Sport, so it came with a 17" spare. But my old set of tires were 285/75/16.

I found a member on here who was looking for a 17" spare and he had a 16" spare (TRD offroad). So we just did a straight swap. Then when I got my new set of tires (also 285/75/16), I had the shop take the tire with the best tread and put it on my spare wheel.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:43 PM   #11
Pelfreybilt Off-Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
I got a 285/75/16 Bfg AT quarter tread perfect for a spare pm if your interested
Thanks and good lookin out but Malibu is a little far. I think I'm going to go new or really close to new. Gettin geared up for the Mojave run, multi day runs can suck if you are on your spare on 1st day and it's on it's last leg