Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

TRD Bronze Wheels

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-03-2012, 11:41 AM   #1
spithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
spithead051's Tacoma Gallery
TRD Bronze Wheels

Hey guys,

I'm looking at purchasing the Bronze TRD Beadlock wheels for my Tacoma when I lift it next month.

I know the wheels do not come with lug nuts and from what I have read the stock ones do not fit and I will need fit kit PTR27-35100.

My question is, does anyone know the actual dimensions of the new lug nuts or where I can get non-TRD ones that wont cost $130?

I don't want wheel locks because all they do is slow down a tire rotation and I just need a set of 24 nuts that will fit with these rims.

Thanks guys
Old 04-03-2012, 12:41 PM   #2
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure on the dimensions of the lugs, but probably not a smart idea running TRD bronze wheels with no locks. It takes all of literally about 2 more seconds per tire to put a key lock in wheel locks and remove it so your not saving much time. I just trying to rationalize this and I'm confused.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:26 PM   #3
spithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
spithead051's Tacoma Gallery
Having a buddy who worked as a mechanic for years here is what he told me the issue with wheel locks are:

Essentially, manufacturers use the same "lock" for all of their wheel locks. I can take the wheel lock from my friends Tacoma and use them on another Toyota vehicle with the same size lug nuts. The shop he works at has a drawer full of roughly 20 wheel lock sockets. They have yet to find a vehicle they can't unlock and any halfway decent wheel thief would have a Toyota or Honda wheel lock in their pocket when jacking wheels.

Not saying they don't act as a deterrent but I would rather have a full set of regular lugs and add wheel locks later than be forced to have wheel locks. Plus, it gives Toyota a reason to charge me an extra 20 bucks on something they probably don't sell a lot of.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:53 AM   #4
TRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to behold

TRDsport253's Tacoma Gallery
Check out Mcgard lug nuts. I believe they are 93 dollars and some change.