Notices

Swapping out Stock Tires

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-04-2012, 04:40 AM   #1
Oldcolonial is on a distinguished road
Oldcolonial's Tacoma Gallery
Swapping out Stock Tires

Hi;

I am looking to swap out the stock BF Goodrich Rugged Trail T/A (265/70 - 16) tires that came with my 2012 Taco with tires that are little more highway friendly. By highway friendly, I am thinking smooth, quite and offering good traction in a variety of conditions roadway conditions; dry, wet and occasional snow ( I live in Massachusetts). I feel the current tires are OK in terms of traction but are noisier than I would like. I was thinking of the Michelin LTX M/S or Latitude. Any experience you can share would be welcome. Thank you.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:45 AM   #2
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to TW Oldcolonial
Old 04-04-2012, 11:23 AM   #3
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
The Michelin LTX M/S 2's are one of the highest rated highway tires. No personal experience with them though.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:29 AM   #4
Pay it Forward
Graham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant future

Graham's Tacoma Gallery
I have Firestone Destination AT's and have loved them. Not much noise and rated very well for winter driving.

Check out tirerack.com for great info/ratings/reviews.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:45 AM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
You're on the right track with the Michelins. They are a quiet, long wearing tire and good traction. I would stay away from an A/T tire if you think the Rugged Trails are too noisy.