Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Got Duratracs in. ( Neep help please)

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-04-2012, 02:36 PM   #1
aidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: miguel
aidenhardcore's Tacoma Gallery
Got Duratracs in. ( Neep help please)

Hey guys. I got my duratracs in today in the mail. There 265/75/16 load c. I got them in the back bed to go to the tire store to install them and there super mushy lol. Like I can take my thumb and put it though the sidewall if i wanted to. I know people said on here that there alittle light but i never thought this. I know it doesnt have air in it yet but i can even more the thread around and almost separate it lol. I was wounding with the difference in between the load c and e load.. I know the c is 45lbs and the e is 54lbs but would the e be a more durable tire. Would the side wall be more stronger and not get punctures as much with a load e. Im thinking about sending these back and get load e. Thanks guys for listening and hope you can help.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:38 PM   #2
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
my dad got 37" load range e toyos and i could push the sidewalls in and with the tread when there was no air, you will be fine! lol but i run load range d
Old 04-04-2012, 02:39 PM   #3
Do or Do not there is no try.
Toyoda Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Toyoda Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Depends what you use them for I say. If you have them for show or just normal driving with a little off road they are fine. I just got mine today. Buddy had his for awhile and know problems.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:42 PM   #4
aidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony250f View Post
my dad got 37" load range e toyos and i could push the sidewalls in and with the tread when there was no air, you will be fine! lol but i run load range d
I know what you mean. I even put my car key to the thread. (Not in of course, just touched it, Im not that crazy lol) and the thread was already coming off lol Even with my nails i could take it off. Seem way to light for me. I'm thinking the load e will be better and not seem as mushy.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:43 PM   #5
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dont get load range d, its to much sidewall for a tacoma, load range d is perfect
Old 04-04-2012, 02:44 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyoda Tacoma View Post
Depends what you use them for I say. If you have them for show or just normal driving with a little off road they are fine. I just got mine today. Buddy had his for awhile and know problems.
If you look at them they seem fine but idk. Like I can push the tire all the way to the ground. Thats how mushy they feel. I know again no air but I have never had a tire do that.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:45 PM   #7
Quote:
dont get load range d, its to much sidewall for a tacoma, load range d is perfect
They only come in load c or e. No d for the 265/75/16.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:46 PM   #8

you got a lift, time to step up to 285s
Old 04-04-2012, 02:48 PM   #9
Quote:
you got a lift, time to step up to 285s
No!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL. I drive to much. Way to much for 285s lol. I would be wasting gas like crazy haha
Old 04-04-2012, 02:48 PM   #10

im only running 265/ 70 LOL
Old 04-04-2012, 02:50 PM   #11
Quote:
im only running 265/ 70 LOL
Oh haha. Didnt know. Everyone I knows says to go to 285s and I would if I didnt drive much but I do so that plays a factor.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:52 PM   #12
Banned
hamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shed
hamsterhater's Tacoma Gallery
i was under the impression that the lower load range was fine for tacoma size and weight basicly for show and driving light off road.mine are 17's but the lower range .there awesome
Old 04-04-2012, 02:52 PM   #13
Does anyone know the difference in the duratracs in the c and e. I know the weight but what about the ply and stuff. I cant find it on tireracks website where I ordered them. Seem like load e would stand up to more abuse if i offroad.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:55 PM   #14

i would guess that c is a 6 ply and e is a 10 ply
Old 04-04-2012, 02:56 PM   #15
Banned
hamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shed
hamsterhater's Tacoma Gallery
they would take more of a beating but i think you lose some reguler driving comfort.thats the main difference besides better sidewalls
Old 04-04-2012, 02:56 PM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamsterhater View Post
i was under the impression that the lower load range was fine for tacoma size and weight basicly for show and driving light off road.mine are 17's but the lower range .there awesome
yeah. I was told that too. I dont offroad too hardcore, no heavy rocks and stuff but they just seemed very mushy. Maybe with air they would be better but just buy touching them, it doesnt seem right
Old 04-04-2012, 02:59 PM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamsterhater View Post
they would take more of a beating but i think you lose some reguler driving comfort.thats the main difference besides better sidewalls
That is true. I have grabbers in 265/75 and they load e and 57lbs. Heavy. Mpg does suck. I'm thinking that even those the duratacs are gonna be load e, there only 54lbs. I dont know if the saving 3 lbs is gonna really help at all since these have a beefier thread pattern or not but I hoping so.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:00 PM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
Wow I didnt see that. Thank you dude
Old 04-04-2012, 03:05 PM   #20
Would a 3 lbs less on the new tires help my mpg. I know The thread is more beefier and aggressvie and my grabbers were just a at but do you guys think i would save alittle mpg being there alittle less heavy at 3lbs each tire but there still load e