Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Largest tire size with spacers

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-04-2012, 08:42 PM   #1
logcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
logcabinwc's Tacoma Gallery
Largest tire size with spacers

Alright, i apologize if this has been asked an answered. Perhaps my searching skills aren't up to par. But what is the largest tire size that i can fit on 16in rims (specifically the toyota baja size spoke wheels) if i slap on the spidertrax 1.25" spacers. Now, i have the stock suspension on my trd dc 4x4... and I will be getting a set of bfg all terrains.. and i know the largest with stock stuff without lift of spacer is a 265/75/16. But are there larger tires that will still sit on the rims, that won't rub if i get some spacers? Any help would be great!

Oh and are there any problems associated with spacers that i should know about?
Old 04-04-2012, 08:46 PM   #2
#texasforever
hudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hudson
hudhawk's Tacoma Gallery
No. No lift = 265/75-16 or 265/70-17 largest size tire.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:51 PM   #3
logcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hudhawk View Post
No. No lift = 265/75-16 or 265/70-17 largest size tire.
dang.. to bad. Oh well. thanks for you help! im still temped to get wheel spacers, i think they look pretty good, but i dont know if they look good enough to justify $200 for a set of four...
Old 04-04-2012, 08:54 PM   #4
#texasforever
hudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hudson
hudhawk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by logcabinwc View Post
dang.. to bad. Oh well. thanks for you help! im still temped to get wheel spacers, i think they look pretty good, but i dont know if they look good enough to justify $200 for a set of four...
If you plan on keeping the stock wheels forever, then the spacers will be worth it to give the truck a slightly wider stance, which looks a lot better IMO.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:56 PM   #5
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
1.25 spacers are more likely to CAUSE a rub with 265/70/17 or 265/75/16
Old 04-04-2012, 09:24 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
1.25 spacers are more likely to CAUSE a rub with 265/70/17 or 265/75/16
Really? Why is that?
Maybe just because its been a long day so i cant figure it out in my head but it would seem like the spacer would help just displace the further out..
unless where it would rub wouldnt be on the inner side of the wheel well but rather the outer edge of the tire hitting the "forward" and "aft" part of the wheel well?
(hope that made sense...)
Old 04-05-2012, 06:12 AM   #7
saaavage is on a distinguished road
saaavage's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Really? Why is that?
Maybe just because its been a long day so i cant figure it out in my head but it would seem like the spacer would help just displace the further out..
unless where it would rub wouldnt be on the inner side of the wheel well but rather the outer edge of the tire hitting the "forward" and "aft" part of the wheel well?
AGREED....I thought this would eliminate teh rubbing if anything.....?1
Old 04-05-2012, 06:40 AM   #8
saaavage is on a distinguished road
saaavage's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
You can fit a 285/75/16 tire on zero lift, just trim the wheel well accordingly.
would the same be true for 285/70/17

OR

for 275/70/17 (more than likely this one over the first one...?)
Old 04-05-2012, 07:26 AM   #9
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Really? Why is that?
The spacer pushes the tire out , increasing the turning radius and making it more likely to rub at full lock esspecially at the rear of the fender well .
Old 04-05-2012, 07:27 AM   #10

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by saaavage View Post
AGREED....I thought this would eliminate teh rubbing if anything.....?1
There is no rubbing with a 265/75/16 or 265/70/17 on stock wheels
Old 04-05-2012, 07:28 AM   #11

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by saaavage View Post
would the same be true for 285/70/17

OR

for 275/70/17 (more than likely this one over the first one...?)
I run 275/70/17 on stock wheels without spacers and have no rub
Old 04-05-2012, 07:28 AM   #12
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
I would suggest getting the wheel with the rim.

Your not going to get far buying just a rim.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:15 AM   #13

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
I would suggest getting the wheel with the rim.

Your not going to get far buying just a rim.
Lol
Old 04-05-2012, 08:18 AM   #14
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
with 8" spacers you could fit these on any Tacoma

Old 04-05-2012, 08:28 AM   #15
I have to return some videotapes
JonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JonnyBb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The spacer pushes the tire out , increasing the turning radius and making it more likely to rub at full lock esspecially at the rear of the fender well .
100% true. I ran Spidertrax on Sport rims with 265/70/17 for two days. Rubbed like a mofo.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:36 AM   #16
cory2212 is on a distinguished road
Army: SGT
Name: cory
cory2212's Tacoma Gallery
tire size

i have a 2011 trd sport 4door how high do i need to lift it to put 37 in tires on it
Old 04-05-2012, 08:38 AM   #17
BDUF#

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cory2212 View Post
i have a 2011 trd sport 4door how high do i need to lift it to put 37 in tires on it

Welcome to TW.

20" of stacked lifts should work and you won't need to trim any fenders
Old 04-05-2012, 08:43 AM   #18

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Boyd , try not to get banned before 1 PST , mkay ?
Old 04-05-2012, 08:45 AM   #19
BDUF#

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Boyd , try not to get banned before 1 PST , mkay ?

banned? All my answers are correct and stated in a polite manner. No TW COC has been breached.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:46 AM   #20
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
with 8" spacers you could fit these on any Tacoma