=T=
Tman12 will become famous soon enough

Name: Taryn
Tman12's Tacoma Gallery
Michelin A/T 2

Does anyone have these tires?
Old 12-17-2008, 04:47 PM   #2
Ultimate Member
SLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to behold

SLOTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Spend the extra dough on BFG's worth it IMO. I have a set on my truck and love the S@#t out of them, I had a set on my wifes 98 4runner that lasted 60k, made up for not buying cheap tires by not buying a new set for so long!
Old 12-17-2008, 05:19 PM   #4
HighPlains will become famous soon enoughHighPlains will become famous soon enough
HighPlains's Tacoma Gallery
I am currently running on Michelin AT2's. I like them a lot. They are nice on the road, not loud at all. Balanced nice and stay there. I have not had to use them in mud yet, but they handled well in snow. I had a set of BFG T/A KO tires on my Chevrolet 2500HD. I would not recommend them. They looked great, rode nicely, held nails well, and were great in the mud. However, they were nearly bald after 35 thousand miles. The dirt/gravel roads I drive chewed them to pieces. Plus, they were not inexpensive. Usually when I check tire prices, the Michelin tires almost always cost more than the BFG's. This is true on tirerack.com as of this writing. In my experience, the premium for the Michelin tires is worth it. They have outlasted the BFG's I have run by significant margins. If though, the BFG's were to be kept on pavement, I'm sure they would be fine. Ask for my two cents, and I'll give you twenty.

Old 12-17-2008, 05:34 PM   #5
Western Alliance: Sierra's
Clipper is on a distinguished road

Clipper's Tacoma Gallery
I have them and i love them. I have had the BFG at's as well and they were good, but i have been told in road tests on dry, wet and snow the Mitch at's blow the BFG's away. so far i have taken them on all three including mudd. they did great in each (check out my Pix) Not as good in mud but not bad, (thats why mudders were invented) i got mine for less then bfg at costco when they had a $80 rebate going on.
Old 12-17-2008, 05:37 PM   #6
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tman12 View Post
Does anyone have these tires?
just outta curiousity why do you want these
Old 12-17-2008, 06:38 PM   #7
Aspiring wrench monkey
TacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of light

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighPlains View Post
Ask for my two cents, and I'll give you twenty.
I'll say! He didn't even ask for opinions, he just asked if anyone had them.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:39 PM   #8
Aspiring wrench monkey
TacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of light

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOTaco View Post
Spend the extra dough on BFG's worth it IMO.
What are you basing this on? Have you had both of them on your truck?
Old 12-17-2008, 06:57 PM   #9
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
Michelin A/T good tire
BUT go with the bridgestone A/T revos
Trust me
Old 12-17-2008, 07:40 PM   #10
HighPlains will become famous soon enoughHighPlains will become famous soon enough
HighPlains's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoCo View Post
I'll say! He didn't even ask for opinions, he just asked if anyone had them.
HA! I will stop when everyone agrees with.....Me!
Old 12-17-2008, 10:01 PM   #11
Western Alliance: Sierra's
Clipper is on a distinguished road

Clipper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tarantino View Post
Michelin A/T good tire
BUT go with the bridgestone A/T revos
Trust me

im curious. Ive heard a lot of people rave about the revos. What makes them so good. is it the cost or their ability off road?
Old 12-18-2008, 05:24 AM   #12
Aspiring wrench monkey

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipper View Post
im curious. Ive heard a lot of people rave about the revos. What makes them so good. is it the cost or their ability off road?
I don't think they're any different cost-wise.The Revo's are better than AT2's offroad, but the AT2's ride better on pavement, and are less noisy. The Revos are better than the AT2's on snow and ice, at least until they wear a little, though the Revos are supposed to retain their handling characteristics as they wear... far from my experience. As far as I know, the Revos are good for 50k miles. I haven't seen anything on the AT2's, but I bet they get comparable or even better treadlife.
Old 12-18-2008, 05:39 AM   #13
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
here yall can base it on this!
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/survey....jsp?type=ORAT

i personally prefer the firestone dest. A/T great tires a lot cheaper then most the other tires out there and still get 50-60000 miles outta them
Old 12-18-2008, 05:52 AM   #14
tdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the rough

tdm156's Tacoma Gallery
I had been looking at the Mich. AT2's myself but think I am leaning towards the firestone destination a/t's now. I have had the destination le before and went alot of miles on them in rough conditions. All depends on your personal preference and how much you have to spend.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:10 AM   #15
Aspiring wrench monkey

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdm156 View Post
All depends on your personal preference and how much you have to spend.
Just curious, how much did the destinations cost you? I got my AT2's at Costco for $630 installed and out the door when they were offering $80 off a set of four Michelin tires.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:12 AM   #16
Beef Slut

Firefighter:
my dest a/t installed were 518 installed not at costco
Old 12-18-2008, 05:20 PM   #17
ofrd4fun is on a distinguished road
ofrd4fun's Tacoma Gallery
I had BFG AT KO's for about 50 000km and did they ever get noisy long before they were worn out. Have the AT 2's and love them although I only have about 3000 km on them. We finally have some snow on the ground, about 4" with more on the way, and so far they offer far more traction than the BFG's ever did.
I bought them in Oregon from Discount Tire and they were more than the BFG AT's. 265/70/17.
Old 12-20-2008, 05:38 AM   #18
northlite is on a distinguished road
northlite's Tacoma Gallery
Objective Facts about Michie ATs

According to the objective tests in Consumer Reports, the Destination AT's are the best in snow and on ice of any of the all-season light truck/SUV tires(CR feels that these tires are all season, even though they say AT). Of the All Terrain tires, the Michies are rated fifth or sixth best, but far and away the best on ice and snow.

So my conclusion is that if you do a lot of ice and snow driving, get the Michies. If not, get something else, like the Revos or Grapplers.
Old 12-20-2008, 05:55 AM   #19
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
I don't have any experience with the Michelin AT2s, but I had very good luck with the Michelin LTX M/S on my Suburban. I will agree that the Firestone Destination ATs are very good on snow and ice. That is what I am sporting now with ~ 40,000 miles on them. However, if you are getting a good deal on the AT2s, I bet they will be a great tire for all-season and winter driving.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:40 PM   #20
=T=
Tman12 will become famous soon enough

Name: Taryn
Tman12's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the good info guys. I think ill go with them, i need somthing that will last and these seem to do the job!