Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Spare tire carrier

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-18-2008, 07:49 AM   #2
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like one of the more study products I've seen. The design seems solid and the price is definitely right.

What's got you hesitant about pulling the trigger?
Old 12-18-2008, 07:57 AM   #3
I see you now..................
longbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
longbow's Tacoma Gallery
My tire/wheel combo I am running, 16X8 wheels and 285/75/16's BFG M/T's. Now I know it would work, issue is I am trying to keep my cover on.
It's an Undercover, but I believe I am peeing in the wind sort of speaking.
I need to weigh out all the options.
I need to figure the width of the wheels, (inflated) to see how much clearance I would have. I believe the hold down screw bar will be the issue, but then again "don't know" and I need to do something, I NEED the full size spare.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:05 AM   #5
Hardcore wheeler, try and keep up.... if you can.
SnoBoarder has much to be proud ofSnoBoarder has much to be proud ofSnoBoarder has much to be proud ofSnoBoarder has much to be proud ofSnoBoarder has much to be proud ofSnoBoarder has much to be proud ofSnoBoarder has much to be proud ofSnoBoarder has much to be proud of

SnoBoarder's Tacoma Gallery
The Flat Version of this for $65, right?

I'd want to see the topside and bottom side mounting plates. My TireGate Flat Mount is solid, about $155 shipped.

The Top Mounting Plate:

The Bottom Mounting Plate fits perfectly.

An included D-Ring on the Top Plate and a D-Ring welded on the V Bar allows the use of the included steel security cable to secure the V Bar and the wheel, or at least help deter theft:

I think the TireGate Flat Mount is well worth it, very high quality, high strength and good fitment. My bed is empty 99% of the time so I have no issues with the spare there and the wheel can be removed in 1 minute. I also removed the OEM spare from underneath.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:09 AM   #6
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a solution for you if the tire fits in the bed by itself.

Figure out where you want the thing, mount 3 anchors in the bed around the tire, and use a Y-strap to hold it in place. Mine's tied into the cage but you'll get the idea:

Make sure those anchors are solid because there will be a lot of stress on 'em and I'd hate to hear that one tore through the composite bed. That issue aside, this should work for you.

KarTek (http://www.kartek.com) usually has the straps in stock. They'll know what you're talking about when you call.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:12 AM   #8

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoBoarder View Post
Looks great! Does any of that stick up above the bedrails when it's all in place?
Old 12-18-2008, 08:17 AM   #10
SnoBoarder has much to be proud ofSnoBoarder has much to be proud ofSnoBoarder has much to be proud ofSnoBoarder has much to be proud ofSnoBoarder has much to be proud ofSnoBoarder has much to be proud ofSnoBoarder has much to be proud ofSnoBoarder has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Looks great! Does any of that stick up above the bedrails when it's all in place?
Thank you. My Access LiteRider rolls over top and hides the Hi Lift, Spare and a fuel and water jerry can not shown.
Old 12-28-2008, 01:08 PM   #12

17x9 DC-1 with a 285/70/17 Nitto TG
Old 12-28-2008, 01:11 PM   #14
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
I've got a solution for you if the tire fits in the bed by itself.

Figure out where you want the thing, mount 3 anchors in the bed around the tire, and use a Y-strap to hold it in place. Mine's tied into the cage but you'll get the idea:

Make sure those anchors are solid because there will be a lot of stress on 'em and I'd hate to hear that one tore through the composite bed. That issue aside, this should work for you.

KarTek (http://www.kartek.com) usually has the straps in stock. They'll know what you're talking about when you call.
i fukn luv this truck.