Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

All terrain tire....

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-13-2012, 04:40 AM   #21
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by perchie15 View Post
ok then.. so anything else besides duratrac? cause they wont fit on my 17"x9 Wheel.. ugggh!!

buy different wheels

what wheels do you have?
Old 04-13-2012, 05:37 AM   #22
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Firestone Destination ATs I have to admit have been my best big, hwy/snow tire I've ever ran...+2mpg over my old Hankook MTs And they ride quite, wear great, get a local firestone to price match the internet for best service and free rotations etc. Next choice would be the Hankook ATMS or New coopers for the money...Got my 285s for 670 out the door
Old 04-13-2012, 05:42 AM   #23
perchie15 is on a distinguished road
Name: Joey
perchie15's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
buy different wheels

what wheels do you have?

Lol Yea right, there already coming in the mail. 17"x9 spy's!! I
Old 04-13-2012, 06:23 AM   #24
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
I've never had good luck with the BFG A/T. They wear too fast and provide mediocre off-road traction. I've had them on multiple vehicles and will never go back. It is my professional opinion that the Dunlop GrandTrek AT20s (don't ever buy this tire) currently on my Tacoma perform just as well as the BFG A/Ts I had on my patrol truck.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:34 AM   #25
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ok then.. so anything else besides duratrac? cause they wont fit on my 17"x9 Wheel.. ugggh!!
Why would they not fit? They have 285/70/17 listed. The 265/70/17 might fit, although that wheel is a bit wide for them.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:07 AM   #26
Cvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Cory
Cvd2312's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maticuno View Post
I've never had good luck with the BFG A/T. They wear too fast and provide mediocre off-road traction.
Wear too fast? I've never heard this argument about the BFG AT. I know some people have gotten 80-100k miles on them.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:24 AM   #27
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I killed a set in 15,000 miles. Granted this was mostly severe off-road use. The set I had on my old F-150 only lasted about 30,000. I've had much better luck with other tires including the Firestone Destination A/T, Destination M/T, and Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:27 AM   #28
Penis Bird
SoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SoCalTacos's Tacoma Gallery
BFG AT KO...I've had great experience with these going on my third set already. First two lasted about 80k each. No noise(with tread)...great on and off road....great in snow, dirt , mud, sand. And they look good to boot, for an AT.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:30 AM   #29
Penis Bird
SoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SoCalTacos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maticuno View Post
I killed a set in 15,000 miles. Granted this was mostly severe off-road use. The set I had on my old F-150 only lasted about 30,000. I've had much better luck with other tires including the Firestone Destination A/T, Destination M/T, and Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor.
if you only got 15k out of the bfg's then either they where defective tires or you just destroyed them and didnt align, balance or something...seems kinda impossible to me as I've have several sets and at 15k still looked brand new.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:12 AM   #30
Weapon Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalTacos View Post
if you only got 15k out of the bfg's then either they where defective tires or you just destroyed them and didnt align, balance or something...seems kinda impossible to me as I've have several sets and at 15k still looked brand new.
Like I said, severe off-road use on a code 3 patrol vehicle. 20,000 miles is my benchmark out here. Anything over 20k and I'm happy. Anything under and I'll never touch them again.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:06 AM   #31
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
Why would they not fit? They have 285/70/17 listed. The 265/70/17 might fit, although that wheel is a bit wide for them.
Yea don't want 285 they will rub forsure. Yea might fit but manufacture doesn't recommend it.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:07 AM   #32
Anyone hear of Kelly Safari TS tires? Made from Goodyear?
Old 04-13-2012, 11:14 AM   #33
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Lol Yea right, there already coming in the mail. 17"x9 spy's!! I

that's why I bought wheels that fit my tires (not kidding)
Old 04-13-2012, 11:18 AM   #34
TacoG91 is on a distinguished road

Army:
TacoG91's Tacoma Gallery
I would buy the nitto terra grappler... cheaper price and sexier look
Old 04-13-2012, 01:45 PM   #35
Weapon Mechanic

Quote:
Anyone hear of Kelly Safari TS tires? Made from Goodyear?
Searching would help a lot. This thread is only about 18 down from the top in this tire section.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...re-review.html
Old 04-13-2012, 01:47 PM   #36
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yea don't want 285 they will rub forsure. Yea might fit but manufacture doesn't recommend it.
Sounds like you bought the wrong size wheels.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:21 PM   #37
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
Sounds like you bought the wrong size wheels.
Why do you say that? a guy just told me that? and the AutoAnything guy told me 265 are biggest you can go with stock everything..
Old 04-19-2012, 12:10 PM   #38

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Why do you say that? a guy just told me that? and the AutoAnything guy told me 265 are biggest you can go with stock everything..
Because you bought 9" wide wheels, but you do not want to run 285 width tires and 265 width are too narrow for the wheels.

Maybe I am missing something. what size tires are you looking to run?
Old 04-19-2012, 12:17 PM   #39
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
for me. but i don稚 spend much time off the road right now. no lift yet. i知 going to go with Nitto terra grapplers in a 265/75R16 one size up from what the rugged fails are. when i lift i値l get a better tire. discount tire has them for like $205 a tire. and i値l go pick them up since they have a location about 35 to 40 min from me. and prob just have just have discount tire put them on.

seams like allot of guys put the nitto down but i know some people around me that have them and like them. and since i知 not lifted and not off roading much why not save some money.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:20 PM   #40
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
The round ones work great.