Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

All terrain tire....

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-19-2012, 01:23 PM   #41
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
The round ones work great.
nooo. square you can run them now. idk how good but it will work. ride maybe rough.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:24 PM   #42
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by perchie15 View Post
So im looking for set of tires not to sure yet on what i want but i travel mainly on highway, but would like some traction in the mud/snow, anyone know of any good tires that will do the job good?? thanks in advance
If you are really concerned about winter traction, you might consider mounting some designated winter tires on a second set of rims. There is a night and day difference between all terrain and winter tires when it comes to winter performance.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:26 PM   #43
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Taco View Post
If you are really concerned about winter traction, you might consider mounting some designated winter tires on a second set of rims. There is a night and day difference between all terrain and winter tires when it comes to winter performance.
X2. If I lived in a state where snow was an issue I would skip AT tires. Just watch the video of all the cars sliding around playing bumper cars while the Taco just drive through fine. No that wasn't because it was a Toyota. He has some snow tires on.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:26 PM   #44
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Taco View Post
*wheels
Old 04-19-2012, 01:29 PM   #45
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
X2. If I lived in a state where snow was an issue I would skip AT tires. Just watch the video of all the cars sliding around playing bumper cars while the Taco just drive through fine. No that wasn't because it was a Toyota. He has some snow tires on.
x3. we get snow but not that much. maybe a few times a month and on;y from december to about end of feb. and it is never here more than a week usually just 2 or 3 days if itís like3Ē

all my family have a winter tires they put on for winter. but they get alot more snow and it stays alot longer.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:30 PM   #46
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
*wheels
Old 04-19-2012, 01:30 PM   #47
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
*wheels
this aint the trash talk thread, so i will keep my thoughts to myself
Old 04-19-2012, 01:33 PM   #48
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
112 and 121 load index whats that mean? whats better?, im looking at the duratrac tire and wow fricken $300 a tire :S
I was going to get General Grabber AT2 about a month ago but found a set of Geolandars mounted on rims so I got those instead. My point is that around here they were the cheapest A/T tire with good reviews and recomendations I found. $213 for 265/75/16 @ Canadian Tire surprisingly. Where did you get quoted over $300 a tire in your size?

Another one I considered was Good Year Wrangler Territory, coincidentally at Crappy Tire again, and no I don't work there. Everything else I got quoted in shops around town was $260+ for 265/75/16 A/T. 17's will be probably even more.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:34 AM   #49
perchie15 is on a distinguished road
Name: Joey
perchie15's Tacoma Gallery
well

well seems hard to find a 265/75r17, but lots 265/70r17, would an extra 5mm matter much??
Old 05-09-2012, 10:43 AM   #50
Glitterdick
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
I've been really happy wtih the Michelin LTX AT2. Quiet on the road (daily driver), excellent in rain, and good in dirt, slushy offroad/forestry road/trail snow/light mud. I haven't had them in serious mud (avoid it like the plague) or highway snow/ice, so I can't speak those specific conditions based on personal experience, but it ain't a mud tire, obviously. They will run you about $200/tire, or a bit more for your size, perhaps. Michelin offers rebates every fall for about $70 if you buy four.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:46 AM   #51
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
well seems hard to find a 265/75r17, but lots 265/70r17, would an extra 5mm matter much??
That's an extra 5% of the width not 5mm & would add 1" to the diameter. The middle # is % of the width that the sidewall is.
265/70/17 = 31.61" & 265/75/17 = 32.65"
Old 05-09-2012, 10:51 AM   #52
Glitterdick
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoG91 View Post
I would buy the nitto terra grappler... cheaper price and sexier look
When did cheap and sexy become prime criteria for tire selection? Seems more like slut criteria.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:55 AM   #53
Honey badger hits whatever tree he wants to hit!!
Honey badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 99 Zulu
Name: Bon
Honey badger's Tacoma Gallery
Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ'S. Good ride and quiet but aggressive enough to get you out of most situations. They look good also IMO.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:03 AM   #54
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
That's an extra 5% of the width not 5mm & would add 1" to the diameter. The middle # is % of the width that the sidewall is.
265/70/17 = 31.61" & 265/75/17 = 32.65"
\

ahh so prob 70 be better then, bigger sidewall matter much?
Old 05-09-2012, 11:04 AM   #55
Quote:
\

ahh so prob 70 be better then, bigger sidewall matter much?
I guess depends on how u like sidewall looking eh? more rubber or more wheel i suppose?
Old 05-09-2012, 01:02 PM   #56
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Bigger sidewall = air down better & less risk of damaging your wheels when off road.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:30 AM   #57
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
When did cheap and sexy become prime criteria for tire selection? Seems more like slut criteria.
LMFAO SOOOOO TRUE!!!
Old 05-10-2012, 03:56 PM   #58
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Hankook Dynapro ATm, Toyo Open Country AT, Cooper Discoverer ATR

All three have been great, no failures in the sidewall, quiet highway ride... The Hankooks have been amazing in snow and mud, as well as on sand.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:50 PM   #59
I need them lookin good on some aftermarket wheels...
Old 05-14-2012, 01:05 PM   #60
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
bfg at's
duratracs
hankook atm
falken wild peak
cooper Discoverer ST Maxx
nitto terra...
kelley tsr

my at's have done well, they're not super in the mud but even most mts suck in mud so...

They've done fairly well through everything. I have killed a sidewall, not really tires fault, and scalloped the tread to the belts though. They do get beat on though for sure. Not sure what happened with the scallop and can't say how another tire wouldve done, doubtful any better. So in my eyes the BFG AT's are a pretty good choice. I liked my duratracs better though lol. If mostly just for looks.