Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Wheels+ spacer, made a bit of a hasty decision, some advice please.

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-20-2012, 10:23 AM   #1
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Wheels+ spacer, made a bit of a hasty decision, some advice please.

I ordered 'type B' wheels for my 2nd gen last night from Wheelersoffroad. Type B have 4" BS so the description says that they will stick out a little, I also ordered 1.5" AP Hubcentric Wheel spacers. I wanted a wider looking stance but am afraid that I may have overdone it a bit. Will my wheels stick out 2"s each side now? What do you guys think?
Old 04-20-2012, 10:28 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunner View Post
I ordered 'type B' wheels for my 2nd gen last night from Wheelersoffroad. Type B have 4" BS so the description says that they will stick out a little, I also ordered 1.5" AP Hubcentric Wheel spacers. I wanted a wider looking stance but am afraid that I may have overdone it a bit. Will my wheels stick out 2"s each side now? What do you guys think?
you might rub even with just the wheel.

4.0 is slightly too little backspacing. PSU Taco 85 has 4.0 BS wheels and he had to cut a lot.

If you add the spacers on to those, you won't even be able to turn out of your driveway.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:31 AM   #3
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
you might rub even with just the wheel.

4.0 is slightly too little backspacing. PSU Taco 85 has 4.0 BS wheels and he had to cut a lot.

If you add the spacers on to those, you won't even be able to turn out of your driveway.
Dang, I might have to give both Wheelers and AP a call and switch back to the 4.5" Type A wheel and 1.25" spacer
Old 04-20-2012, 10:33 AM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunner View Post
Dang, I might have to give both Wheelers and AP a call and switch back to the 4.5" Type A wheel and 1.25" spacer
Can't run the spacer with those either, you'll rub incredibly bad. I was saying that PSU Taco rubbed with the 4.0 bs even without a spacer.

If you want a wide stance you'll need to get 9" wide wheels with 4.5" BS, that about as wide as you can go on these trucks without a lot of cutting.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:35 AM   #6

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Can't run the spacer with those either, you'll rub incredibly bad. I was saying that PSU Taco rubbed with the 4.0 bs even without a spacer.

If you want a wide stance you'll need to get 9" wide wheels with 4.5" BS, that about as wide as you can go on these trucks without a lot of cutting.

Alright, Ill just stick with the wheels then and cancle the spacers, hopefully they can since I just placed it last night. Thanks for the help guys, made a bad decision, oh well.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:51 AM   #7

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
^this^

So I guess Ill be ordering a grill from you soon since Im not getting spacers now