LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

--<:BORA Spacers:>-- Review & Install

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-09-2012, 08:14 AM   #21
Speak English..it's America
testedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 11B
Name: Rick
testedone's Tacoma Gallery
As it relates to going higher, I know all about those problems, I had a Wrangler with 6" of lift..which led to Tom Woods shafts, new rear ends..etc. etc..

The CMC would be nice if I could weld or find a shop to do it, it just seems like an expensive mod to get a little more clearance after adding spacers.. Thanks much for the info
Old 08-09-2012, 08:31 AM   #22
testedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of light

Found these researching the CMC modification.. looks like it makes it easy...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/bay...ount-chop.html
Old 08-09-2012, 09:02 AM   #23
TeamBlue
alegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
alegav's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to alegav Send a message via Yahoo to alegav
This is going to be a total noob question. I know nothing about backspacing and this that and the other thing. Would wheel spacers essentially let you run a rim that, on its own doesn't meet the minimum amount of backspace to clear whats needed?

Alex
Old 08-09-2012, 07:04 PM   #24
troy28 is on a distinguished road
troy28's Tacoma Gallery
tag
Old 08-10-2012, 11:38 AM   #25
Rock magnet
BajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud of

Law Enforcement: Police Sergeant
Name: Drew
BajaRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Just placed my order for a set of 1.25's. Their website is having issues, so if want a set you have to give them a call to place your order. I got lucky they have a set of 4 on hand, so they might ship out today. Now I just need to decide on tires.......
Old 08-10-2012, 11:40 AM   #26
NoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
NoSoup4You's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaRunner View Post
Just placed my or for a set of 1.25's. Their website is having issues, so if want a set you have to give them a call to place your order. I got lucky they have a set of 4 on hand, so they might ship out today. Now I just need to decide on tires.......
dang .. why does no one want to buy these used? I can't seem to give away my set of BORA 1.25" spacers....
Old 08-10-2012, 12:12 PM   #27

you can give them to me, I'll pay shipping for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSoup4You View Post
dang .. why does no one want to buy these used? I can't seem to give away my set of BORA 1.25" spacers....
Old 08-11-2012, 05:46 PM   #28
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bama_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSoup4You View Post
I pm'd you the other day about swapping my 3/4" spacers for yours.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:18 AM   #29

Want to work a deal for the 3/4 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_TACO View Post
I pm'd you the other day about swapping my 3/4" spacers for yours.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:56 PM   #31
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
Talked to Lenny today and ordered my .75 Bora spacers...

Everything goes well and I should have them end of this week or by next Tuesday at the latest.....

Now to find that dam torque wrench ...
Old 08-21-2012, 07:02 AM   #33

Question to Bama_TACO

why are you wanting to get rid of the 3/4 and go bigger?

I am still trying to figure out if I need these, I only have rub with my 285/70/17 in close to full lock situation..

I believe the spacers would fix that but then it would introduce other rub areas correct?
Old 08-21-2012, 12:25 PM   #34
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by testedone View Post
Question to Bama_TACO

why are you wanting to get rid of the 3/4 and go bigger?

I am still trying to figure out if I need these, I only have rub with my 285/70/17 in close to full lock situation..

I believe the spacers would fix that but then it would introduce other rub areas correct?
The reason I want to go to a bigger spacer is because I had my stance where I wanted it and then put my Light Racing UCAs on and when I had it aligned they moved the ball joint in to correct my camber. So now I want to move the wheel back out to where it was before. It looks more tucked now.

Yes, if you only rub at full lock now, adding spacers could cause you to have a worse rub further out in the fender well.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:49 PM   #36

Ok, so here is my thoughts, maybe someone can guide/help me.

Since I am still trying to get used to NOT turning my wheel to full lock (otherwise I rub) if I added 3/4 inch spacers would it move my tires enough to not rub at full lock YET not cause it to rub at other locations?

I am thinking 1/2 to 3/4 inch???
Old 08-29-2012, 05:59 PM   #37
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
Good news , bad news day....

Spacers are done and shipped....

Bad news ,UPS has them delivering next THURSDAY ....

I will take that to mean...play & enjoy the 4 day weekend and work on the Tacoma a week later....
Old 09-04-2012, 01:19 PM   #38
hudsimtn is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: K9
hudsimtn's Tacoma Gallery
3/4" bora spacers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_TACO View Post
If you used your stock lug nuts then the studs are 12mm. Not that it matters but I thought I would let you know. I got my 3/4" spacers on today and I love the look of them. It put the tire exactly where I wanted it.

Hey. Do the stock studs stick out at all with the 3/4" spacer or does it just fit? Tha.ks
Old 09-04-2012, 01:32 PM   #39
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hudsimtn View Post
Hey. Do the stock studs stick out at all with the 3/4" spacer or does it just fit? Tha.ks
They stick out about 1/8". My rims had recesses in them so it wasn't an issue though.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:39 PM   #40

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
UPS made a delivery....

I now know how my weekend will start....installing spacers....

They also included new LONGER lug nuts...now have 3 complete sets.

Pix with before and after stance later in the weekend....