Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Opinion on these wheels

View Poll Results: Good choice or bad choice?
Yes good choice 6 24.00%
no not feelin it. 19 76.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-28-2012, 12:22 PM   #1
toytaco11 is on a distinguished road

toytaco11's Tacoma Gallery
Opinion on these wheels

Okay guys I had this wheel test fitted and wanted to get opinions before I make the purchase or go a different route. These are 18's phanton black chrome on 285/65's...
So you guys be the judge ya or nay? Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Opinion on these wheels-cell-phone-1056.jpg   Opinion on these wheels-cell-phone-1055.jpg   Opinion on these wheels-cell-phone-1052.jpg   Opinion on these wheels-cell-phone-1053.jpg  
Old 04-28-2012, 10:47 PM   #2
Most give some, some give all!
Lobster13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLobster13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLobster13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLobster13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLobster13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLobster13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLobster13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLobster13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLobster13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLobster13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLobster13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Josh
Lobster13's Tacoma Gallery
No offense man but they look a little cheap. :-(
Old 04-28-2012, 10:50 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster13 View Post
No offense man but they look a little cheap. :-(
no offense taken , that's why I'm trying to get some feedback. These were offered to me for a really, really cheap price so I was considering it.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:00 AM   #4
ROLLIN ON RUST
senor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
senor taco's Tacoma Gallery
They would look good on a dark collered truck as is, but I bet they would look great if powder coated black on your truck
Old 04-29-2012, 06:26 AM   #5
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
While I don't like chrome, the Black chrome is not bad. I like the fact they don't look like every other Black and Silver wheel everyone and their momma has. So I voted yes.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:31 AM   #6
Toyota Dealer Technician
1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
1GR's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to 1GR
I'm going to vote yes. But I'm not completely digging it, but each time I look St them they look better.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:39 AM   #8
Lobster13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLobster13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLobster13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLobster13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLobster13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLobster13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLobster13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLobster13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLobster13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLobster13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLobster13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
The concept 8 wheels are pretty sweet looking. Metal Mulisha makes a sick black wheel too, procomp makes them.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:08 AM   #9
PrymerMX is on a distinguished road

Name: Cody
PrymerMX's Tacoma Gallery
I like the Dark chrome, sometimes i think an all black wheel is to heavy on a lighter colored truck, but then again i got all black on my yota so what do I know lol, either way i dont mind them. Plus if after a couple months you dont liek the black chrome you could just powder coat em black or sell em
Old 04-29-2012, 11:09 AM   #10
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Half the guys on here will tell you to put a black wheel on everything.

But on your silver TRD sport, with 18" wheels, those dark chromes look good.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:11 AM   #11
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrymerMX View Post
I like the Dark chrome, sometimes I think an all black wheel is too heavy on a lighter colored truck, but then again I got all black on my yota so what do I know lol, either way i don't mind them.
Well said.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:56 AM   #12
Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
Half the guys on here will tell you to put a black wheel on everything.

But on your silver TRD sport, with 18" wheels, those dark chromes look good.
Not that they are my favorite color but they are easier to keep clean then chrome, especially with those nooks n crannys
Old 04-29-2012, 12:13 PM   #13
WTF
1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Not a fan of 18's but they look fine to me.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:59 PM   #15
AJ4X4 is a splendid one to beholdAJ4X4 is a splendid one to beholdAJ4X4 is a splendid one to beholdAJ4X4 is a splendid one to beholdAJ4X4 is a splendid one to beholdAJ4X4 is a splendid one to beholdAJ4X4 is a splendid one to behold
AJ4X4's Tacoma Gallery
Depends oh how cheap. They look better than stock though.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:18 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha Dave View Post
While I don't like chrome, the Black chrome is not bad. I like the fact they don't look like every other Black and Silver wheel everyone and their momma has. So I voted yes.
Thanks, well one of the main reasons I liked them was because no one has them around and they are different than what everyone else has, like you said everyone has the same ol, same ol styles and black wheels. I think black chrome looks good agianst the silver.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:07 AM   #17
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^The people that go against the grain, the ones that dare to be different, are the trend setters.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:14 PM   #18
chays is on a distinguished road
chays's Tacoma Gallery
re

i like the chrome
Attached Thumbnails
Opinion on these wheels-toyotas-010.jpg  
Old 05-02-2012, 04:16 AM   #19

Well at the price I was given I may have to end up getting these. I also liked the off set these wheels had as it kept the 285's still inside the fender wells and not sticking out. Thanks for the input guys.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:41 AM   #20

If the price is good get them, the Black chrome might have to grow on you at first. Good thing is you can always powdercoat them if you change your mind. But you may end up loving them.