Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Question on Tire/Wheel Size *Help*

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-02-2012, 10:31 AM   #1
Ghumps is on a distinguished road
Ghumps's Tacoma Gallery
Question on Tire/Wheel Size *Help*

I just had put in a Billstien 5100 Leveling Kit on the front of my truck, Wheels and tires are next, I am thinking about running some 265/75/R16, I think they are around 31.6 Inch tires, whats the best wheel size I should go? 16 inch or 17 inch wheels?
Old 05-02-2012, 10:38 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghumps View Post
I just had put in a Billstien 5100 Leveling Kit on the front of my truck, Wheels and tires are next, I am thinking about running some 265/75/R16, I think they are around 31.6 Inch tires, whats the best wheel size I should go? 16 inch or 17 inch wheels?
Welcome to TW!

If you're going to run 265/75R16, I'd suggest using 16" rims

Honestly, it doesn't really matter. If you go 17's, you can go with 265/70R17.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:42 AM   #3
logcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
logcabinwc's Tacoma Gallery
im going to be getting that size on my 16.. i know a few years ago, getting that size on 17s was way more expensive... 3 years ago my brother got that size tire on 17s,= $1,100. Im getting that size in a week or two on 16s, =$800 i dont know now about 17s, but i would look up the price of each size and see where you want to go from there.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:56 AM   #4
Ghumps's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the help, I have two friends with Tacomas and they are telling me different things, one says I should get 17's because if I get 16's I have to get a spacer and the wheel will pertrude out which I am not really looking for.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:50 AM   #5
Ghumps's Tacoma Gallery
So would a 16" rim require me to add a spacer?
Old 05-02-2012, 11:54 AM   #6
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So would a 16" rim require me to add a spacer?
No, you won't need a spacer if you get rims with the correct backspacing.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:17 PM   #7
Ghumps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
No, you won't need a spacer if you get rims with the correct backspacing.

Ok, what would be the correct backspacing?
Old 05-02-2012, 01:34 PM   #8

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ok, what would be the correct backspacing?
Check out these threads. If you get the same specs as the stock wheels, you shouldn't have any problems with rubbing. If you make the stick out too far, they'll rub your fenders, in which case spacers would make it worse.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...fset-info.html

I'm trying to find the stock offset and backspacing specs now. Where's KPT when you need him?!?! He's the one that knows all about this stuff!
Old 05-02-2012, 01:53 PM   #9
Ghumps's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=Pugga;5027414]Check out these threads. If you get the same specs as the stock wheels, you shouldn't have any problems with rubbing. If you make the stick out too far, they'll rub your fenders, in which case spacers would make it worse.

Appreciate it, I think im gonna go with 265/75/R16. Keep it simple, Ill post pics when its all done!
Old 05-02-2012, 01:58 PM   #10

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Appreciate it, I think im gonna go with 265/75/R16. Keep it simple, Ill post pics when its all done!
If you have backspacing questions, PM member KPT. Keith knows his stuff!