Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

load index,,,and max load

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-22-2008, 01:11 PM   #1
linkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud of

Name: link the stink!
linkfeeney's Tacoma Gallery
load index,,,and max load

what is the load index?

also if the tire max weight is less than my truck...like the BFG rugges trail handles like 2200lbs.. but our truck is heavy than that
but since the truck has all the tires, does it mean the weight will be distribute it to all 4?

I saw the toyo open country.. they have the same tire but all different weight and load index.
some says max weight is 3000 and some at 3400

anyone can help me?
Old 12-22-2008, 03:12 PM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Why are ya worrying about it? .....as long as you're getting 'LT' (light truck) tires, you shouldn't have to worry.

Our trucks with the amount they actually weight and the towing capacity - it's a drop in the bucket.

But if you're getting technical...not only do you take the tires into consideration, but wheel size/width, tire pressure, tonque weight, load, etc etc etc.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:50 PM   #3
linkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud of

Name: link the stink!
linkfeeney's Tacoma Gallery
they have different prices on the same size tire...
I guess I'll just get the lower load index, since it is cheaper
Old 12-22-2008, 06:55 PM   #4
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Why are ya worrying about it? .....as long as you're getting 'LT' (light truck) tires, you shouldn't have to worry.

Our trucks with the amount they actually weight and the towing capacity - it's a drop in the bucket.

But if you're getting technical...not only do you take the tires into consideration, but wheel size/width, tire pressure, tonque weight, load, etc etc etc.
You don't even need LT tires. I have performance tires on mine & tow an 18' bass boat. Never have any problems. I would worry about loads, unless you are dealing with excessive loads.