Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

What should I pay for this combo?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-06-2012, 02:21 PM   #21
I Am Batman!
Asta is a splendid one to beholdAsta is a splendid one to beholdAsta is a splendid one to beholdAsta is a splendid one to beholdAsta is a splendid one to beholdAsta is a splendid one to beholdAsta is a splendid one to beholdAsta is a splendid one to behold

Name: Daniel
Asta's Tacoma Gallery
i wanna see what they look like mounted
Old 05-06-2012, 03:42 PM   #22
06ryan27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed06ryan27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed06ryan27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed06ryan27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed06ryan27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed06ryan27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed06ryan27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed06ryan27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed06ryan27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed06ryan27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed06ryan27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
06ryan27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmdcfan View Post
looks like they have the ring you get from being joined with recycled carcases.

If you never had any experience with re-treads I would be able to sell you my tires for more than I purchased them new. If I wanted too. They use bfg carcases.

I know you've only been on here for a few days so I'm gonna ask why not?
I make tires for a living, I know what it takes to make a safe quality tire, recaps are barely legal. They were a hit like 20 years ago. I wouldnt trust my family's safety by keeping a few extra bills in my pocket.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:10 PM   #23
jdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jdmdcfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06ryan27 View Post
I make tires for a living, I know what it takes to make a safe quality tire, recaps are barely legal. They were a hit like 20 years ago. I wouldnt trust my family's safety by keeping a few extra bills in my pocket.
If I had kids (knock on wood) no pun intended; I would probably do the same. Oh and I saved $400 and some change.

12,000 miles with zero problem and I never hesitate to put them to use nor take road trips.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:41 AM   #24
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asta View Post
i wanna see what they look like mounted
Ask and you shall receive! A little dremel here, a little dremel there, a few beers and some pizza....and here they are!

Biggest problem I'm having now is my own fault...the guy I bought them from must have had a 5-lug or something because I can barely fit a piece of paper between my spokes and the edge of my calipers. I should have double checked the backspacing on these wheels...makes sense why I haven't seen them on another Taco before.

I guess Spidertrax are in my near future...It's wayyyy too close for comfort!
Old 05-07-2012, 05:04 AM   #25
Canadian Bacon
spares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shed

spares's Tacoma Gallery
Ill go out on a limb and say that he didn't have these on a 5-lug
Old 05-07-2012, 05:12 AM   #26
magog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud of

magog45's Tacoma Gallery
Except for the holes for the caps those rims look a lot like the ones on my old Jimmy, just painted flat black is all.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:24 PM   #28
Nick
Nick17 is on a distinguished road

Name: Nick
Nick17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunner View Post
Not on Topic, but curious as to why the decal on the car is backwards.
Very interesting.