Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

What should I pay for this combo?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-05-2012, 06:03 PM   #1
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
What should I pay for this combo?

Need a quick reply before these are gone! Looking to buy my first set of wheels and tires. Found a set locally...I know these wont fit with my stock suspension height without trimming, but I'd like to grab these if they're a good deal and put them on when I install my lift kit. I'm relatively new to the offroad scene, so I'm not quite sure about pricing all terrain tires and wheel combos yet.

16x8 Ultra wheels in matte black, on 285/75/16 BF Goodrich AT's mounted and balanced. They came off his '07 4x4 Taco, so they are the correct lug pattern. 14/32 still on the tires.

The seller is asking $950 for the set of 4. He's had them up for a few weeks, and claims they're sitting in his garage...what do you think I should offer him?

Pics -

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-05-2012, 06:06 PM   #2
GreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud of

Name: Tyler
GreenTaco28's Tacoma Gallery
Those look pretty good. I bought mine new with rims and it was close to $1500. Sounds like a good deal to me mayybe someone else will chime in on what to offer him.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:08 PM   #3
Nothin' Special
especk is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
especk's Tacoma Gallery
That's the most I would pay - the tires and wheels are in good shape. It just depends on how much you want them. I would estimate they would cost about $1500 brand new. I sold basically the same setup for $600 but I was in a HUGE rush to get rid of them.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:14 PM   #4
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Not on Topic, but curious as to why the decal on the car is backwards.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:24 PM   #6
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
With TPMS valve stems too ... ... could not tell if those were regular valve stems or TPMS valve stems.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:31 PM   #8
JC47 is on a distinguished road
JC47's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post
Anybody else have an idea of what they'd offer him?
$650 sounds like a good place to start. I think he's asking a bit too much.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:32 PM   #9
Nothin' Special
especk is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
especk's Tacoma Gallery
I think your idea is good. $900 is fair, and $650 isn't super lowballing either. It's just going to come down to how much you want them and how much he wants to get rid of them. Hopefully you'll meet somewhere in the middle. Good luck.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:20 AM   #10
jdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jdmdcfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Anybody else have an idea of what they'd offer him?
I'm no genius but Those are re- tread tires. I picked mine up for 500 shipped. You do the math.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:39 AM   #11
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmdcfan View Post
I'm no genius but Those are re- tread tires. I picked mine up for 500 shipped. You do the math.
How do you know they're retread? Isn't that illegal/never done on passenger vehicle tires?

I just picked up this set...he was firm on $950, but after some talking down I got walked away paying $850 with a set of 4000k HID kits to sweeten the deal. Overall, I'm very happy with this purchase so far.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:46 AM   #12
06ryan27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed06ryan27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed06ryan27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed06ryan27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed06ryan27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed06ryan27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed06ryan27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed06ryan27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed06ryan27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed06ryan27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed06ryan27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
06ryan27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
RETREAD? Trying to figure out where you got that from?
Old 05-06-2012, 09:25 AM   #13
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I want to know how you can tell too
Old 05-06-2012, 09:28 AM   #14
ppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phuong
ppham444's Tacoma Gallery
Those are not retread!
My tires look like the same exact thing.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:31 AM   #15
06ryan27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed06ryan27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed06ryan27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed06ryan27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed06ryan27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed06ryan27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed06ryan27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed06ryan27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed06ryan27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed06ryan27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed06ryan27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
06ryan27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppham444 View Post
Those are not retread!
Exactly, WTF? I would'nt admit to buying retreads anyway
Old 05-06-2012, 09:33 AM   #16
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-builds/29
Redgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
Redgrom's Tacoma Gallery
Where did you find them?
Old 05-06-2012, 12:56 PM   #17
REBELTACO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgrom View Post
Where did you find them?
Somebody on ToyotaNation was selling them in the classifieds section, and he turned out to live just a couple miles away from me.

Going to attempt to mount these today on stock suspension. Will be trimming of course, pics will be up tonight.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:30 PM   #18
jdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
How do you know they're retread? Isn't that illegal/never done on passenger vehicle tires?

I just picked up this set...he was firm on $950, but after some talking down I got walked away paying $850 with a set of 4000k HID kits to sweeten the deal. Overall, I'm very happy with this purchase so far.
I'm not positive but it looks like they have that ring around the tire where they are joined. And no they are not illegal and used on passenger cars. Good deal regardless.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:46 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunner View Post
I want to know how you can tell too
looks like they have the ring you get from being joined with recycled carcases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppham444 View Post
Those are not retread!
My tires look like the same exact thing.
If you never had any experience with re-treads I would be able to sell you my tires for more than I purchased them new. If I wanted too. They use bfg carcases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06ryan27 View Post
Exactly, WTF? I would'nt admit to buying retreads anyway
I know you've only been on here for a few days so I'm gonna ask why not?
Old 05-06-2012, 02:17 PM   #20

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Somebody on ToyotaNation was selling them in the classifieds section, and he turned out to live just a couple miles away from me.

Going to attempt to mount these today on stock suspension. Will be trimming of course, pics will be up tonight.
They are 285's right? I thought you have to trim a little to fit those even on a 3" lift.