Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

goodyear wrangler silent armors!!!!

* Tire Finding Tools Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-21-2007, 11:18 AM   #1
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
goodyear wrangler silent armors!!!!

just got goodyear wrangler silent armors installed on my prerunner. i went up a size, from 265/70/16 to 265/75/16. they replaced those aweful rugged trails! no rubbing,even at full lock, and these tires ride awesome!! now i cant wait for hunting season and the carolina tacoma meet, gotta put these tires to some dirt!! oh yeah, i went with blackwalls on the outside also. looks awesome on my silver truck!

i will definitely put up some pics later.......kinda waiting on my aries bull bar and fog light switches to come in, so i can mount my bull bar and hella 500's!!!
Old 08-01-2007, 03:58 PM   #2
Lee's06Taco is on a distinguished road

Lee's06Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Nice to hear!
Old 08-01-2007, 05:04 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance
LQQKatmy06 is on a distinguished road

LQQKatmy06's Tacoma Gallery
Im torn between Silent armors and M/T Baja ATZ for my next tire.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:10 PM   #4
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LQQKatmy06 View Post
Im torn between Silent armors and M/T Baja ATZ for my next tire.

i cant comment on the mt's, but i can definitely say these silent armors ride smooth as can be, and wet road is no concern at all(my rugged trails slid all over the place.....hydroplaning tires). i feel certain that in the wintertime, these tires will be great also.

as far as the mt's......the only thing i can say is i havent heard anything bad about them.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:39 AM   #5
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
i cant comment on the mt's, but i can definitely say these silent armors ride smooth as can be, and wet road is no concern at all(my rugged trails slid all over the place.....hydroplaning tires). i feel certain that in the wintertime, these tires will be great also.

as far as the mt's......the only thing i can say is i havent heard anything bad about them.
I have the same hydroplaning problem with my AT's. I drove my beamer for 7 years and never hydroplaned one time, not once. Then the first big storm i drove through with my truck i slid into oncoming trafic and almost got creamed. It scared the hell out of me. i figured since the truck was so much heavier i wouldn't have to worry about hydroplaning but i guess the tires make all the difference.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:41 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
I have the same hydroplaning problem with my AT's. I drove my beamer for 7 years and never hydroplaned one time, not once. Then the first big storm i drove through with my truck i slid into oncoming trafic and almost got creamed. It scared the hell out of me. i figured since the truck was so much heavier i wouldn't have to worry about hydroplaning but i guess the tires make all the difference.

oh yeah, tires do matter. just look at the edges of the rugged trails, at the very small channels where water has a hard time getting out of there in a hurry. my silent armors have wide deep channels for water to exit thru quickly.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:16 AM   #7
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
oh yeah, tires do matter. just look at the edges of the rugged trails, at the very small channels where water has a hard time getting out of there in a hurry. my silent armors have wide deep channels for water to exit thru quickly.
do you have any close up pics of the silent armors on your truck. I'd like to see how they look. what did you end up paying for a set of 4?
Old 08-03-2007, 02:50 PM   #8

Quote:
do you have any close up pics of the silent armors on your truck. I'd like to see how they look. what did you end up paying for a set of 4?
i dont have any pics yet, but i have a link to what they look like......

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....er+SilentArmor

as far as price, i got 5 tires...replaced my spare cause i hated the rugged trails so much. all 5 tires, road hazard and an alignment was right at $1000. i think for 4 tires, it was right around $860 or something like that(alignment and road hazard included).
Old 08-04-2007, 07:12 AM   #9
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
I don't like Goodyears (one too many bad experiences), but the Silent Armors are INCREDIBLE TIRES! I just wish they didn't cost so much.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:55 PM   #10
Piss off
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i wanna upgrade to the terra grapplers when mine get bald and i found them online for 108 plus shipping
Old 08-04-2007, 03:28 PM   #11
Carolina Alliance: LAZY DIVISION
AUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant future
AUDITECH's Tacoma Gallery
not a good tire for tread life i always liked the m/t baja belted
Old 08-04-2007, 04:37 PM   #12
Piss off
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUDITECH View Post
not a good tire for tread life i always liked the m/t baja belted
what tires isnt good for tread life?
Old 08-05-2007, 12:07 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
i wanna upgrade to the terra grapplers when mine get bald and i found them online for 108 plus shipping

the nitto terra grapplers are an awesome tire also!!! havent heard any complaints from anyone running them.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:35 AM   #14

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i dont have any pics yet, but i have a link to what they look like......

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....er+SilentArmor

as far as price, i got 5 tires...replaced my spare cause i hated the rugged trails so much. all 5 tires, road hazard and an alignment was right at $1000. i think for 4 tires, it was right around $860 or something like that(alignment and road hazard included).
Man thats pricey! I hate sounding ignorant but what exactly is "road hazard"? never heard that term used before when talking about tires.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:52 AM   #15
TRDeity is on a distinguished road

TRDeity's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Man thats pricey! I hate sounding ignorant but what exactly is "road hazard"? never heard that term used before when talking about tires.
It's like insurance for your tires, if you get an unrepairable puncture (as long as it's not in the side wall) they replace the tire.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:57 AM   #16

nd's Tacoma Gallery
i just don't know if i could justify spending $1000 on tires.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:13 AM   #17

TRDeity's Tacoma Gallery
The road hazard comes in handy, I used it four times on my mustang which means I saved about 1000 dollars. Road hazard usually costs about $30 a tire or something like that.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:03 PM   #18

Quote:
i just don't know if i could justify spending $1000 on tires.
like i said, i got all 5 tires, alignment and road hazard. if you are only getting 4 tires, price may be around $700 or so. i like the peace of mind of having the road hazard incase anything does happen.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:04 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDeity View Post
The road hazard comes in handy, I used it four times on my mustang which means I saved about 1000 dollars. Road hazard usually costs about $30 a tire or something like that.
road hazard is coming in very handy now for me. apparently when my wife was driving my truck, she hit a set of train tracks very hard, and it is causing the tire to have a crappy balance(even with road force balancing), so im getting a new tire to replace the bad one. my wife says she goes over the tracks easy, so i could have just been a bad tire to begin with. either way......road hazard is gonna work good in my favor.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:23 PM   #20

TRDeity's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
road hazard is coming in very handy now for me. apparently when my wife was driving my truck, she hit a set of train tracks very hard, and it is causing the tire to have a crappy balance(even with road force balancing), so im getting a new tire to replace the bad one. my wife says she goes over the tracks easy, so i could have just been a bad tire to begin with. either way......road hazard is gonna work good in my favor.
Smart man, not only is he getting a free tire but he is placing the blame on his wife

Products Discussed in this Thread