Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

More wheel or more tire?

View Poll Results: more wheel or more tire?
more WHEEL 106 8.72%
more TIRE 1,109 91.28%
Voters: 1215. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-20-2011, 08:45 PM   #41
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
All wheel, extremely low profile tire. I wouldn't even run tires if DOT wasn't such a stickler. Just 35" chrome wheels with a litle rubber on the edges to cut down on sparks. And they should continue to spin even after my truck has stopped.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:56 PM   #42
06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Cornelius Fire Department and Metro West Ambulance
Name: Robert
06TRDZombieHunter's Tacoma Gallery
MORE TIRE!! Looks unanimous. But keep the ratio of rubber to alloy in a good range, big huge 35"+ tires riding on little tiny 15" wheels dont like to hold a bead well when aired down way way low.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:18 PM   #43
Some do, others talk
jerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerret
jerretxx's Tacoma Gallery
it depends on tire size i think. if you have 35's, 20 is about the biggest i think. if you have 37+ your safe with 22's. anything smaller than 33 i say 17 is about the biggest size.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:38 PM   #44
Frostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Frostbyte's Tacoma Gallery
more tire....
Old 04-21-2011, 05:06 PM   #45
Bad decisions make great stories.
Lost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lost_Humanity's Tacoma Gallery
I'm tellin' you, you're gonna want that tire!
Old 04-21-2011, 07:47 PM   #46
GatorComa has a spectacular aura aboutGatorComa has a spectacular aura aboutGatorComa has a spectacular aura about

Name: Robby
GatorComa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalKD View Post
I am gonna have to go with both. Big wheels and big tires.

And yes I do wheel it. But nothing to bad. If I want to go rock crawln then I take this.

Old pic but picture this:

5.0 motor, atlas t-case, D60s Front and Rear, 6" lift, H1's with 40" Iroks.

That's a good looking Bronco! What year? You've got the right idea! and i say more tire like this..... here's mine:

Couldn't find a clean picture haha

original 302 engine, geared down, detroit lockers, 4" lift and 36" swamper tsl's on 15's

Sorry didn't mean to thread jack, the picture of the bronco just got me excited haha
Old 04-21-2011, 07:51 PM   #47
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorComa View Post
That's a good looking Bronco! What year? You've got the right idea! and i say more tire like this..... here's mine:

Couldn't find a clean picture haha

original 302 engine, geared down, detroit lockers, 4" lift and 36" swamper tsl's on 15's

Sorry didn't mean to thread jack, the picture of the bronco just got me excited haha
I feel ya. Those old Broncos are always in my top 3. I've never heard anyone say they didn't think the old ones look awesome.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:54 PM   #48
GatorComa has a spectacular aura aboutGatorComa has a spectacular aura aboutGatorComa has a spectacular aura about

Name: Robby
GatorComa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvdeserted View Post
I feel ya. Those old Broncos are always in my top 3. I've never heard anyone say they didn't think the old ones look awesome.
Yeah everybody seems to like them. Its fun to drive too! 3 speed on the column and you just about can't get the thing stuck
Old 04-21-2011, 11:02 PM   #49
fsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

fsbrain03's Tacoma Gallery
Here's what I would do. Buy the biggest rim you can, because big rims are in. Then plasti dip that sucker, all of it. The the entire setup, wheel and tire, will look like a tire! Problem solved.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:51 AM   #50
rjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Riley
rjclemen's Tacoma Gallery
Damnit I voted wrong =/ More tire!!!!
Old 04-22-2011, 08:04 AM   #51
Bangers Runner
GotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
GotLift37's Tacoma Gallery
the best of both words. 20's and 37's
Old 04-22-2011, 08:14 AM   #52
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotLift37 View Post
Was that a shot of your first off road trip?

Sorry I couldn't help myself
Old 04-22-2011, 08:23 AM   #53
animal93 is on a distinguished road

Name: lupe
animal93's Tacoma Gallery
more tire.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:31 AM   #54
Nitro375 is on a distinguished road

Name: L.J.
Nitro375's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Also more functional. (more tire, that is)

Amen, looks better too.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:31 AM   #55
robstaco35 has a brilliant futurerobstaco35 has a brilliant futurerobstaco35 has a brilliant futurerobstaco35 has a brilliant futurerobstaco35 has a brilliant futurerobstaco35 has a brilliant futurerobstaco35 has a brilliant futurerobstaco35 has a brilliant futurerobstaco35 has a brilliant futurerobstaco35 has a brilliant futurerobstaco35 has a brilliant future

Name: Rob
robstaco35's Tacoma Gallery
I think the bigger wheels look better on bigger trucks, on tacos 16" or 17" and big tires please.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:16 AM   #56
Bangers Runner
GotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Was that a shot of your first off road trip?

Sorry I couldn't help myself
ah its ok.. but that was a clean shot of it. it looked like a mall crawler but trust me it wasnt lol.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:00 PM   #57
Banned
03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
03taco's Tacoma Gallery
more tire def i absolutley hate big wheels on trucks its effing gay
Old 04-22-2011, 06:26 PM   #59
Snoyota will become famous soon enoughSnoyota will become famous soon enough
Firefighter: Firefighter
Name: Taylor
Snoyota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotLift37 View Post
You should have gone with less gay
Old 04-23-2011, 08:35 AM   #60
Bangers Runner

Way to be a positive member. Luckily for you haters it got stolen Jan
2009. So suck it if your hating. Obviously you are jealous.