Method standard or doouble?

View Poll Results: Double or stander
Standard 26 68.42%
double Standard 13 34.21%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-10-2012, 11:11 PM   #21
Just think outside the Yota
CayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
CayucosTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=STiLL WILL;5068413]Cayucos is near my neck of the Central Coast! Honk if you see me around LO/MB man!

No Way! I live in LO now haha
Old 05-10-2012, 11:45 PM   #22
SHAKEnBAKE362 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
SHAKEnBAKE362's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTaco386 View Post
They're both simulated beadlock. I have been looking into getting the double standard but they are very pricey.
Got my standards for 700$ including tax... don't think that is too bad for wheels. considering most XD's are made of plastic and cost 800 a set lmao
Old 05-13-2012, 11:18 AM   #23
Old 05-13-2012, 11:34 AM   #24
MY NAME ISN'T WILL
STiLL WILL has a brilliant futureSTiLL WILL has a brilliant futureSTiLL WILL has a brilliant futureSTiLL WILL has a brilliant futureSTiLL WILL has a brilliant futureSTiLL WILL has a brilliant futureSTiLL WILL has a brilliant futureSTiLL WILL has a brilliant futureSTiLL WILL has a brilliant futureSTiLL WILL has a brilliant futureSTiLL WILL has a brilliant future

Name: Matt
STiLL WILL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CayucosTacoma View Post
No Way! I live in LO now haha
haha, well I'm in LO-town too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKEnBAKE362 View Post
Got my standards for 700$ including tax... don't think that is too bad for wheels. considering most XD's are made of plastic and cost 800 a set lmao
Not bad at all. I ORIGINALLY placed an order with 4Wheelparts for a set of Procomp 152's($126.00/wheel), but they contacted me 2 weeks after my order placement and told me it would be another month out. So they gave me a choice of wheels I could pick from that they would honor the pricing of the Procomps----the Methods(which I had wanted initially but didnt wanna pay that much) were one of them. $520 and some change later, I got the Methods at my doorstep.

Quote:
LOVE the width on those suckers. Looking awesome man, Methods never disappoint on any Taco! If I had to walk into a dealership and buy a '12 Tacoma today, I would have the hardest time choosing between red or white. Red is amazing on the 2nd gens.
Old 05-13-2012, 04:10 PM   #25
alexretama is on a distinguished road
Name: Alex
alexretama's Tacoma Gallery
We also have a black Double Standard with a machined lip.. pretty dope! but last time I was there the 17" had fitment issues with the 2nd gen tacoma so be sure to give them a call before hand and make sure they fit.
Old 05-13-2012, 05:56 PM   #26
JTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Flight School
Name: JT
JTaco386's Tacoma Gallery
I found a set of method wheels that are 17x8.5, 6x139.7 bolt pattern with 0 offset. Will this be ok?
Old 05-13-2012, 09:07 PM   #27
Have a nice day
htuong95 is on a distinguished road

htuong95's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Very nice!
Old 05-13-2012, 10:38 PM   #28
hahaha yeah im really happy with the width!! The stance is awesome. but i do have 1.25 spacers on.... and you cant see it in the pic but my roof is also gloss black and the badges. so the satin black finished methods really brought it all together. Just need some A/T tires but I think ill drive these till they are dead and save up $ after the hit of buying the wheels lol
Old 05-13-2012, 10:43 PM   #29
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTaco386 View Post
I found a set of method wheels that are 17x8.5, 6x139.7 bolt pattern with 0 offset. Will this be ok?
And yeah they should be! Thats what mine are... some how 6x139.7 bolt = 6x5.5 I was scared that my truck was about to go another week without sick wheels but it all worked out!. New lugs are a must so be sure to factor that into everything. cost me like 30$ for the lugs and had to pay another 30$ for the stupid tire pressure sensors when getting my tires swapped btwn the rims ='(
Old 05-14-2012, 02:49 AM   #30
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexretama View Post
We also have a black Double Standard with a machined lip.. pretty dope! but last time I was there the 17" had fitment issues with the 2nd gen tacoma so be sure to give them a call before hand and make sure they fit.
I don't know why the 17 has fitment issues, the standard dosent and neither does the 16" double standard. Sure someone didn't just get the wrong back spacing?
Old 05-14-2012, 02:53 AM   #31
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
And yeah they should be! Thats what mine are... some how 6x139.7 bolt = 6x5.5 I was scared that my truck was about to go another week without sick wheels but it all worked out!. New lugs are a must so be sure to factor that into everything. cost me like 30$ for the lugs and had to pay another 30$ for the stupid tire pressure sensors when getting my tires swapped btwn the rims ='(
Eh, just go without the TPMS and save yourself the time and head ache. I just put a small sticker over the light and push my scan gauge up and I don't even notice it. I mean really, we lived without TPMS for 100+ years. I air up and down so much depending on offroading, road trip, or daily driving so its not like it never goes unchecked.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:42 AM   #32
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremachn1 View Post
Eh, just go without the TPMS and save yourself the time and head ache. I just put a small sticker over the light and push my scan gauge up and I don't even notice it. I mean really, we lived without TPMS for 100+ years. I air up and down so much depending on offroading, road trip, or daily driving so its not like it never goes unchecked.
hahah i hear ya!! but i figured i just spend a bunch of money on wheels... might as well do it all right the first time.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:38 AM   #34
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Standards and I love them, hell from 10 feet away they both look the same anyways so.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:22 PM   #35
GTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GTABurnout's Tacoma Gallery
Do the Double Standards have a removible simulated Bead lock?
Old 07-23-2012, 02:38 PM   #37
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTABurnout View Post
Do the Double Standards have a removible simulated Bead lock?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
Ive searched but no luck finding the simulated rings for these
Negative. It's a simulated beadlock. The beadlock and wheel are one piece.

Old 07-23-2012, 02:45 PM   #38
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery

Old 07-23-2012, 04:23 PM   #39
GTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GTABurnout's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexretama View Post
Negative. It's a simulated beadlock. The beadlock and wheel are one piece.

Bummer, they look like they are removable. Well back to the drawing board.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:19 PM   #40
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post

wow man wth happened?