Method standard or doouble?

View Poll Results: Double or stander
Standard 26 68.42%
double Standard 13 34.21%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-24-2012, 02:36 PM   #41
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
the spokes sheared off
Old 07-24-2012, 06:14 PM   #42
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
the spokes sheared off

WOW, What were you doing to cause that? Thats definitely no good.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:09 PM   #43
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
lol I didnt do that, those pics are from DR
Old 10-31-2012, 03:52 PM   #45
JTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Flight School
Name: JT
JTaco386's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by akaryanreynolds View Post
Any one else want to weight in on this question I'm in between these two wheels also.....
Method wheels are sick!!! I have them
Old 10-31-2012, 04:15 PM   #46
Its the Journey, not the Destination
SierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cliff
SierraExp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by akaryanreynolds View Post
Any one else want to weight in on this question I'm in between these two wheels also.....
The double standards look more like the true beadlock than the standards. They have a few more spokes and the center cap looks better. The standards have silver bolts, the double standards have gold.

I have the standards on my truck with 315/75/16s I will be switching to a double standard with a true OMF beadlock conversion in the next few months tho. Either way you can't go wrong, they're both awesome wheels. I am a dealer for Method as well so hit me up if any of you guys are looking to order
Old 10-31-2012, 04:17 PM   #47
SierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKEnBAKE362 View Post
17x8.5 in the standard or double standard black

Standard

double

good comparison picture of the 2. that is indeed a double standard and not a true beadlock.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:15 PM   #48
eric3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to behold

eric3187's Tacoma Gallery
i would go with the standards simply because they would be easier/quicker to clean since there are not as many spokes ha.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:32 AM   #49
bjsurveyor is on a distinguished road

bjsurveyor's Tacoma Gallery
I posted this in the Indigo Ink page, but not this one...

They're here!!

These wheels look incredible! I'm probably a little bias though...
They are the Standard Machined, and had them mounted with MAXXIS Bighorn 265/75-16 (grooved).

I have been VERY pleased with these wheels, and have had A LOT of compliments. I was looking at the Standard w/ the Machined Lip, but didn't think the black would look that great. And, it seems that everyone has been putting black wheels on their trucks. So, I thought I would try something different.

I know, the ARB doesn't have a winch... someday, a winch and sliders!

Here are a few poser shots!

Foster City, MI:

Norway Lake Access:

Old 11-01-2012, 09:06 AM   #50
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Those look GREAT. I have the exact same wheels. Props to you for rocking the machined look I agree Black has been played out for YEARS, and people are always afraid to try something new.

Your combo is MONEY.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:12 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjsurveyor View Post
Norway Lake Access:

Those look awesome! I love the machined Methods
Old 11-02-2012, 11:28 AM   #52
bjsurveyor is on a distinguished road

bjsurveyor's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, guys. This page, and other pics have really helped in deciding which ones to go with. There are very few pics of Tacos with Methods on them, and I have to say... I think they make an awesome looking wheel.

Sierra, I'll have to stop by the new shop the next time I'm in AZ. I've been following the reno on FB. It looks like a long renovation process!
Old 11-02-2012, 11:36 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjsurveyor View Post
Thanks, guys. This page, and other pics have really helped in deciding which ones to go with. There are very few pics of Tacos with Methods on them, and I have to say... I think they make an awesome looking wheel.

Sierra, I'll have to stop by the new shop the next time I'm in AZ. I've been following the reno on FB. It looks like a long renovation process!

They make an awesome wheel indeed! All the shop vehicles will be getting decked out with some methods and OMF conversions.

Stop by anytime man! The initial reno went quickly, we have the wall down in a matter of hours, painting and clean up is a different story haha
Old 11-11-2012, 10:13 PM   #54
momo.75 is on a distinguished road

momo.75's Tacoma Gallery
I feel like a fish out of water posting here but wanted to post a couple pics of my Machine Finish Standards as well. I got the 18x9 with the -12 offset. I couldn't be happier with them

This was taken just before I switched out my suspension

These were just after the switch

These tires are less than a year old so unless i can sell them I will have to wait a while before I can bump up.

On another note, I am trying to find some black center caps to give the wheels some contrast so if any of you know somebody that isn't running their caps let me know. I will take black or chrome. I just don't want to paint these in case I sell them later. Thanks
Old 11-13-2012, 10:10 PM   #55
BigD91 is on a distinguished road

EMS: Emergency Medical Technician
Name: Andrew
BigD91's Tacoma Gallery
Loving these wheels more and more! Can't wait to get me a set
!
Old 11-14-2012, 12:23 PM   #56
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
The machined looks is awesome.... especially on a newer vehicle 2010+. It's old school meets new school.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:21 PM   #57
SHAKEnBAKE362 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
SHAKEnBAKE362's Tacoma Gallery
very nice! glad to see my thread is still going strong haha
Old 11-18-2012, 09:24 PM   #58
rookie
ryan c is on a distinguished road

Name: ryan
ryan c's Tacoma Gallery
not sure gold bolts would look good with my swb tacoma. love these wheels! did someone say theres fitment issues with 17''?
Old 11-19-2012, 06:59 AM   #59
sydwayz04 is on a distinguished road
Name: Dustin
sydwayz04's Tacoma Gallery
So what is every body doing with tpsm sensors in theis wheels?
Old 11-19-2012, 07:19 AM   #60
GTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GTABurnout's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydwayz04 View Post
So what is every body doing with tpsm sensors in theis wheels?
stock TPMS fits just fine...

\