Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

thoughts on painted wheels.

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-18-2012, 05:16 PM   #1
Bruins are back!
JRez is a name known to allJRez is a name known to allJRez is a name known to allJRez is a name known to allJRez is a name known to allJRez is a name known to all

Name: Jim
JRez's Tacoma Gallery
thoughts on painted wheels.

Spent a few hours today & plastidip'd my stock wheels. thoughts on the outcome?
Attached Thumbnails
thoughts on painted wheels.-2012-05-18-17.21.20.jpg  
Old 05-19-2012, 08:53 AM   #2
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
I probably would have left them alone or if money was the reasoning for the plasti-dip then I would have gone with some stock steelies. IMO Plasti-dip just doesn't look good on 1st gen wheels. It looks great on 2nd gen wheels though.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:11 AM   #3
XXXL Member
darkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

darkgreentaco's Tacoma Gallery
It looks like you plasti-dipped them.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:24 AM   #4
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good , do the bumPer next
Old 05-20-2012, 10:27 AM   #5
Bruins are back!
JRez is a name known to allJRez is a name known to allJRez is a name known to allJRez is a name known to allJRez is a name known to allJRez is a name known to all

Name: Jim
JRez's Tacoma Gallery
The plastidip was the easiest fix just to clean it up a little. the wheels were all pitted & eaten up from salt. figured i'd try the stuff out & see how it went. if it hold up decently i will be doing the chrome bumpers at some point.
Attached Thumbnails
thoughts on painted wheels.-2012-05-19-04.56.48.jpg  
Old 05-20-2012, 10:37 AM   #6
Banff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
Banff2007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I think it looks pretty good.

I might try my bumper as well one of these days.
Old 05-20-2012, 10:40 AM   #7
Sigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to behold
Name: Sigi
Sigi's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good !!
Old 05-20-2012, 10:42 AM   #8
Sigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to behold
Name: Sigi
Sigi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
I am going to paint my wheels, plastidip won't handle any abuse.
X2 . I did it once and the plasti dip flew off when I was driving.lol. Yup , rolling on 3 black and 1 silver rim. Lol