Notices

Show me your tire wear!

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-21-2012, 12:20 PM   #1
sporttracguy is on a distinguished road

Name: Ryan
sporttracguy's Tacoma Gallery
Show me your tire wear!

So Ive been drooling over all sorts of pretty new tire pictures on this site trying to decide on my next set but the reality is, shiny, and new doesn't say much about how they will look in a few years.

Lets see how your treads are fairing after some use: Freeway, off road, how many miles, opinions?

Thanks,
STG
Old 05-21-2012, 01:58 PM   #2
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
GrandTrek AT20. These are the 300 tread wear, not the factory 500, which in my opinion makes a huge difference. While I would never buy them again, I have not experienced any of the negatives that people have reported with the factory Dunflops.

This is approximately 25,000 miles of highway and some fairly intense off-roading (note the missing tread pieces).

EDIT: On a serious note, check out my review of the Hercules Trail Digger M/T here:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...igger-m-t.html
Old 05-24-2012, 11:00 AM   #3
sporttracguy is on a distinguished road

Name: Ryan
sporttracguy's Tacoma Gallery
Wow! So everyone has brand new tires on this site huh?
Old 05-24-2012, 11:02 AM   #4
ST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sporttracguy View Post
Wow! So everyone had brand new tires on this site huh?
yup.