Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

6-Spline Tire Iron?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-21-2012, 10:22 PM   #1
Epic Member
tvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
tvbd56's Tacoma Gallery
6-Spline Tire Iron?

So, I got my konig Countersteer wheels a while ago, and I've been thinking how if I get a flat tire, I'll be screwed because the set i have to change out the tire that came with the truck is for the stock lug nuts. Because when i bought the wheels they came with 6-spline lugs from gorilla and wheel locks for each wheel. I want to find something that can replace the stock set to remove the spline lugs off of the wheel, I have been looking and i can't find anything. All I have in my truck is a wrench and socket set and the only option I have out of that is 3/8" wrench with a 1/2" extension, which i don't believe is safe, or will be able to take the lugs off.

Or maybe if there is a tire iron that has the 6 & 5 spline on it. Thanks for any information
Old 05-21-2012, 10:38 PM   #4
Epic Member
tvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tvbd56's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mynewtoy View Post

i think this is what you need from wheelers. it will work with your stock tire iron
Wow, I didn't even think about using that with the stock tire iron. I feel like a dumbass, Thanks for the help!
Old 05-22-2012, 02:28 AM   #5
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
I have a set of 6 spline and locks as well from gorilla nuts. Each came with a specific lug wrench and the wrench fits into the stock wheel socket just fine.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:00 AM   #6
Epic Member

tvbd56's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremachn1 View Post
I have a set of 6 spline and locks as well from gorilla nuts. Each came with a specific lug wrench and the wrench fits into the stock wheel socket just fine.
I'm going to try it out today, but aren't our lugs 21.5 mm?
Old 05-22-2012, 06:03 AM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbd56 View Post
I'm going to try it out today, but aren't our lugs 21.5 mm?
I've always used a 21mm socket to remove the lugs so I'm going to go with no.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:12 AM   #8
Epic Member

tvbd56's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I've always used a 21mm socket to remove the lugs so I'm going to go with no.
ok then, that answers my question.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:27 AM   #9
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
I'll sell you mine for $2.....

Old 05-23-2012, 06:30 AM   #10
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws4ua View Post

Lemme guess, impact gun and the socket not properly seated on the lugs?
Old 05-23-2012, 06:31 AM   #11
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
No.... socket was seated properly (99% sure) and I was using man-power.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:47 AM   #12

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No.... socket was seated properly (99% sure) and I was using man-power.
Damn, cheap socket or are you just buff as shit?
Old 05-23-2012, 06:52 AM   #13

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going to go w/ cheap key.

Hopefully the ones I'm ordering today from Wheeler's Offroad will be of higher quality. Ordering multiple, just in case.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:42 AM   #14
Epic Member

tvbd56's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Damn, cheap socket or are you just buff as shit?
Buff as Shit

Quote:
I'm going to go w/ cheap key.

Hopefully the ones I'm ordering today from Wheeler's Offroad will be of higher quality. Ordering multiple, just in case.
same here. It's nice having the spline because the average person won't know how to get the wheel off
Old 05-23-2012, 10:49 AM   #15
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Mine did the exact same thing. Seated 100% properly and using a breaker bar.

You can get these sockets and lug nuts at pep boys
Old 05-23-2012, 11:10 AM   #16
Epic Member

tvbd56's Tacoma Gallery
That would be an "Ohh crap" moment