Notices

tires dont fit my current set-up

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-22-2012, 11:54 AM   #1
boxpup1971 is on a distinguished road
Name: Cooger
boxpup1971's Tacoma Gallery
tires dont fit my current set-up

Im currently running 305/60R18s on 18x9 monster XDs with no problem in the rear, my problem is occurring up front. I have a 1/4" spacer in place and tires are still rubbing on upper control arm and on frame below lower control arm.I need smaller tires and dont know what size to get or if thats even the route i should take??????????? PLEASE HELP.

thanks so much.

cooger.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:53 AM   #3
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxpup1971 View Post
Im currently running 305/60R18s on 18x9 monster XDs with no problem in the rear, my problem is occurring up front. I have a 1/4" spacer in place and tires are still rubbing on upper control arm and on frame below lower control arm.I need smaller tires and dont know what size to get or if thats even the route i should take??????????? PLEASE HELP.

thanks so much.

cooger.
You also have a problem in the rear. If you offroad and stuff one rear while drooping the other you will rip off your fender flare.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:57 AM   #4
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
1) who told you 305's would fit?

2) they will always rub regardless of what you do

3) your only fix is to get new tires or start hacking sheet metal (fenders) and your bumper.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:00 AM   #5
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

thanks so much.

cooger.
First your tires are for a spindle lifted 2 wheel drive or drop bracket 4x4. Second what are your backspace measurements? You need an aggressive cab mount chop... not just the BAMF cab mount chop plates, hammer pinch weld about 9" up and do some extensive cutting to get even close to fitting those. You likely need new UCA as well. Only the Light Racing uca is not going to stuff the eheel even further into your frame.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:24 AM   #6
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
1)
3) your only fix is to get new tires or start hacking sheet metal (fenders) and your bumper.
X2
Old 05-27-2012, 06:14 AM   #7
Some clown from 4 wheel parts in tampa told me to purchase the 305/60R18s. The reason i didn't purchase from 4 wheel parts was because i saved over $150 a piece somewhere else. I think he intentionally steered me in wrong direction because i didn't wanna buy from him. I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO THE TAMPA STORE. EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-27-2012, 06:20 AM   #8
There is no way I'm cutting my truck up, so i guess i will purchase new tires. Thinking about BFGoodrich all terrain 285/65R18s but i still don't know if that will fix problem??????????
Old 05-27-2012, 06:40 AM   #9
some clown from 4 wheel parts told me the wrong tire size
Old 05-27-2012, 06:46 AM   #10
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Some clown from 4 wheel parts in tampa told me to purchase the 305/60R18s. The reason i didn't purchase from 4 wheel parts was because i saved over $150 a piece somewhere else. I think he intentionally steered me in wrong direction because i didn't wanna buy from him. I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO THE TAMPA STORE. EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You have to take some blame in this too. You need to do your research before you start throwing money around. If you would have spent some time on here looking at what tire sizes work, and what would be involved with larger sizes you wouldn't have this problem.

And on a side note, how did he know you wouldn't be buying from him?

Frank
Old 05-27-2012, 07:26 AM   #11
you're correct, all the blame shouldn't be directed at him. I wish i would have taken the time cause its gonna end up costing me a ton more money. Lesson well learned.

and to answer your side note......... because i was up front with the guy and told him my intentions!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-27-2012, 07:30 AM   #12
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
you're correct, all the blame shouldn't be directed at him. I wish i would have taken the time cause its gonna end up costing me a ton more money. Lesson well learned.

and to answer your side note......... because i was up front with the guy and told him my intentions!!!!!!!!!!!!
Glad to hear you have some broad shoulders.

Frank