Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Mainly Highway Tire

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-23-2012, 07:25 AM   #21
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
if you don't want to pay out of your ass for Michelins the Firestone ATS are just as good IMHO for half the price
Old 05-23-2012, 07:55 AM   #22
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
One thing I wanted to add on these LTX AT2 all terrains which is one step up over the MS2s, is that they are surprisingly very good in the dry sand and mud. I do about 90% on road highway, and 10% off road on tough lake bed limestone and granite rocks and dry sand bars. They have ridden over some very sharp and harsh stuff and they have held up great. Not too mention they have gotten me out of some sticky situations. With these tires my MPGs has been the same when compared to my stock tires because they are nearly identical in weight. MPG was my number one priority, number two was to have some kind of all terrain capability and these have been the perfect fit for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha Dave View Post
Michelins are by-far THE best highway tire out on the market, build quality, ride quality, warranty, tread life, wet traction, and dry traction. If you don't like the looks of the MS2s you could always step up to their LTX AT2 which is basically a conservative all-terrain tire that has the ride characteristics of a highway tire. These are the tires I have and they are amazing, best tire I've ever run. I'm about to do a full review once I tack on another 5k miles or so.

Old 05-23-2012, 11:44 AM   #23
perchie15 is on a distinguished road
Name: Joey
perchie15's Tacoma Gallery
And one more question if we buy tires online do we still get the tread warranty? i was thinking getting mine from discount tire... some yokohamas, Or even any kind of warranty?
Old 05-23-2012, 11:45 AM   #24
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
get a firestone store to price match some ATs on the web and you are all set! Local service with the internet prices..grow a pair and get down there man.