Notices

Mainly Highway Tire

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-22-2012, 05:19 PM   #1
perchie15 is on a distinguished road
Name: Joey
perchie15's Tacoma Gallery
Mainly Highway Tire

What do you guys think are one of the better highway tires??
Old 05-22-2012, 05:20 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Michelins
Old 05-22-2012, 05:24 PM   #3
wolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Rick
wolftree's Tacoma Gallery
perchie15,

Given where you live, I would suggest Michelin LTX A/T2s or Michelin LTX M/S2s.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:29 PM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolftree View Post
perchie15,

Given where you live, I would suggest Michelin LTX A/T2s or Michelin LTX M/S2s.

I have looked at Michelin LTX A/T2s and i dont really like the looks of them, i want them to go good with my after market rims
Old 05-22-2012, 05:32 PM   #5
Irish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Irish020's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Michelins
Before I built my truck for off roading I had Michelin MS2's and was very happy with tire wear, ride, wet and snow traction. They are pricy though....
I sold them on Craig's List after my upgrade.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:14 PM   #6
Realy come on now buddy lol. jk!! Anything else other then michelin??
Old 05-22-2012, 06:21 PM   #7
Fish
ABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
ABregenzer's Tacoma Gallery
Michelin will be your best bet. You live up north.

Other than that, I'd go with either Yokohama Geolanders or Pirelli.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:37 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABregenzer View Post
Michelin will be your best bet. You live up north.

Other than that, I'd go with either Yokohama Geolanders or Pirelli.
Umm. Yeah i been looking at Geolanders, but they seem like an aggressive tread... More like for off road..... the ATS??
Old 05-22-2012, 07:51 PM   #9
Fish
ABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The ATS would be good for some light off roading and winter. The H/T-S were the ones I was trying to point you towards. They're better highway tires.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:54 PM   #10
No amount of balls on earth can hit you.
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
I love my Michelin LTX MS2's
Old 05-22-2012, 07:57 PM   #11
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
I ran Goodyear Silent Armors on my 4x4 tacoma for 4 yrs.
The wet pavement traction was very good, wore evenly, quiet on the highway.
Definitely got 50k out of them. They are a severe snowflake rated tire & did ok in the snow.
The sidewalls never tore on the shaped granite or rock curbing they use around here.
I liked them so much I bought another set for my tundra.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:27 PM   #12
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Michelins are by-far THE best highway tire out on the market, build quality, ride quality, warranty, tread life, wet traction, and dry traction. If you don't like the looks of the MS2s you could always step up to their LTX AT2 which is basically a conservative all-terrain tire that has the ride characteristics of a highway tire. These are the tires I have and they are amazing, best tire I've ever run. I'm about to do a full review once I tack on another 5k miles or so.

Old 05-23-2012, 05:06 AM   #13
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon's Mom View Post
I ran Goodyear Silent Armors on my 4x4 tacoma for 4 yrs.
The wet pavement traction was very good, wore evenly, quiet on the highway.
Definitely got 50k out of them. They are a severe snowflake rated tire & did ok in the snow.
The sidewalls never tore on the shaped granite or rock curbing they use around here.
I liked them so much I bought another set for my tundra.
I knew there was another Goodyear I was going to suggest, but I couldn't remember it.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:11 AM   #14
ShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud of
Law Enforcement:
Name: Shawn
ShawnR's Tacoma Gallery
Michelins are the best highway, and I believe the best rain tire.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:12 AM   #15
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Michelins
Quote:
Originally Posted by perchie15 View Post
Realy come on now buddy lol. jk!! Anything else other then michelin??
VVV that's why I said Michelins. They have pretty much been unrivaled in the long range highway tire department. Any H/T tire will be suitable for highway use but Michelins will be best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha Dave View Post
Michelins are by-far THE best highway tire out on the market, build quality, ride quality, warranty, tread life, wet traction, and dry traction. If you don't like the looks of the MS2s you could always step up to their LTX AT2 which is basically a conservative all-terrain tire that has the ride characteristics of a highway tire. These are the tires I have and they are amazing, best tire I've ever run. I'm about to do a full review once I tack on another 5k miles or so.

Old 05-23-2012, 05:52 AM   #16
Gearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gearheadesw's Tacoma Gallery
Had the Michline AT2 on the Tundra, great hi-way tire. Have Goodyear Silent Armors now and they are great on the hi-way also, much better off road.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:18 AM   #17
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
The Michelin LTX M/S2 is about one of the best non-off road tires you can buy. If it's not quite your style and you don't plan on spending much time off the pavement, the Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor is a great tire as well.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:43 AM   #19
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Michelin LTX's Ran two sets on my last taco, got 100,000 miles out of each set. You can't beat the Michelins.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:46 AM   #20

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb609 View Post
Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo II

/thread
Not for strictly highway. They're a great year-round tire but more aggressive than you'd need if the truck never leaves pavement.