Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Cooper Radial M/T Mud Claws... Good Tires???

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-06-2012, 05:31 PM   #1
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Cooper Radial M/T Mud Claws... Good Tires???

Just like the title asks, are the Cooper Radial M/T Mud Claw tires good or not?

I'm mostly looking for an aggressive tire. I'm mostly on the road but some light off road here and there. They are already on the wheels I'm planning on getting locally. The tires I have now are old and the tread isn't that great.

Could use any advice. Thanks

Old 06-06-2012, 10:05 PM   #2
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody got experience or some knowledge of these tires?
Old 06-07-2012, 06:40 AM   #3
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
No experience with the Mud Claws, but Cooper makes some damn good tires. I can't imagine any major issues with them.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:23 AM   #4
S)(AKALO)(AWAII

RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maticuno View Post
No experience with the Mud Claws, but Cooper makes some damn good tires. I can't imagine any major issues with them.
Thanks for the insight man!
Old 06-07-2012, 10:25 AM   #5
S)(AKALO)(AWAII

RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Since I'm "mostly" on the street and rarely ever off road (but would like to do SOME off roading), would getting an MT tire be a bad decision?

I'm finishing up my last year of school up in Utah so snow, salt, heat, and rain should be taken into account.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:33 AM   #6
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
i've seen em in person, but know 1st hand experience. from looking at them, I'd say they're decent in the dirt and on pavement, but in snow/ice they would suck.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:10 PM   #7
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMAN808 View Post
Since I'm "mostly" on the street and rarely ever off road (but would like to do SOME off roading), would getting an MT tire be a bad decision?
If you are mostly pavement but the occasional off-road then a full on M/T like those Coopers might not be very practical. What you might want is either an aggressive A/T or a moderate M/T. More tire manufacturers are coming out with offerings like these such as the:

Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac:

Goodyear Wrangler Authority:

Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx:

Kelly Safari TSR:
Old 06-07-2012, 03:28 PM   #8
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
i've seen em in person, but know 1st hand experience. from looking at them, I'd say they're decent in the dirt and on pavement, but in snow/ice they would suck.
"no"

Old 06-07-2012, 03:34 PM   #9
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Cooper makes Mickey Thompsons which is what I'm running. Love'em. Even in the Canadian winters. Those wouldn't be horrible in winter, they do have some siping on them. Just play nice in cold weather and you'll be fine.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:34 PM   #10
S)(AKALO)(AWAII

RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for all the advice everyone. A set just popped up locally and I'm still considering whether to pull the trigger or not.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:22 PM   #11
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
"no"

iFail. I almost never mess up grammar like that!
Old 12-18-2013, 08:24 PM   #12
Holloway51 is on a distinguished road
Holloway51's Tacoma Gallery
I got em on my chevy and their not worth two sh*ts, they'll get stuck on wet carpet if your not careful. I hate them go with a toyo open country a lot more milage for the price yor paying my friend got 75k out of a set on hit duramax because their a harder rubber than the mud claws and they do did I will give them that but they dig straight down. Rate:1.5