1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

M/T Classic II Questions

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Commie, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Jun 15, 2012 at 3:29 PM
    Commie

Commie [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    G
    Hanford, CA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off-Road
    SCS F-5 Black with BFG AT 265/75/16, 2.0 Radfls's w/ top plate, LR UCAs, TSB springs w/ 5160, rear diff breather, blacked out grill/ emblems/ rear bumper/ lower valance, LED map/ dome/ lic plate lights, switchback DTRLs, anytime fogs, WeatherTech DigitalFit liners
    Hey guys got a question for you. Im in the market for a 3" lift and new wheels right now, and really like the look of the Mickey Thompson Classic II in black 16x8, 4.437 b/s, 0mm offset. Few months ago I got some BFG AT 265/75/r16 and want to keep the tires, think that size will look just fine with a 3" lift. Now from what I've read about the M/T Classic II is some people have no issues with them but then some people say that you have to run spacers with them. I personally dont want spacers since the offset is already at 0mm and they will poke out enough for my liking. So my question is what would be the best/right way of going about to get these wheels to fit?

Wheel Diameter - 16 in.
    Wheel Width (in) - 8.000 in.
    Wheel Material - Aluminum
    Primary Wheel Color - Black
    Wheel Finish - Matte
    Manufacturers Wheel Series - Mickey Thompson Classic II Series
    Backspacing (in) - 4.437 in.
    Offset - 0.00mm

ClassicIIBlack_2922cefdea4185efb1a5bbae8a75cb82e30e072c.jpg

2. Jun 27, 2012 at 5:56 PM
    Commie

Member:
    First Name:
    G
    Hanford, CA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off-Road
    SCS F-5 Black with BFG AT 265/75/16, 2.0 Radfls's w/ top plate, LR UCAs, TSB springs w/ 5160, rear diff breather, blacked out grill/ emblems/ rear bumper/ lower valance, LED map/ dome/ lic plate lights, switchback DTRLs, anytime fogs, WeatherTech DigitalFit liners
    Bump! 170+ views and not a single reply! Come on TW give me something! I know there are guys out there running these! Change the studs? Longer lug nuts? Or do i even need to do anything with this offset and backspacing?

3. Jun 28, 2012 at 6:17 PM
    Commie

Member:
    First Name:
    G
    Hanford, CA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off-Road
    Even though the stock off road wheels are 5.25 backspacing? How does that happen? Thats .8ish less

4. Jun 28, 2012 at 6:33 PM
    Commie

Member:
    First Name:
    G
    Hanford, CA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off-Road
    Ok. Noted. How about the actual mating surface? Special lugs, longer studs or is that even needed?

5. Jun 28, 2012 at 7:49 PM
    Commie

Member:
    First Name:
    G
    Hanford, CA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off-Road
    Great info! Thanks! Glad i didnt order those yet. So if I decide to go with longer studs instead of the lugs any idea what length studs I'll need or even what the stock length is?

Products Discussed in

To Top