Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Anyone running or ever ran federal mt?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-19-2012, 07:37 AM   #1
bkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bkmcinty's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone running or ever ran federal mt?

Looking at buying a set of federal cougaria mt in. 33x12.50x20 for my taco just havent heard much about these tires. Toyo mt is my first choice bu there is about a $500 difference in price!!
Old 06-19-2012, 08:37 AM   #2
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
They have decent reviews:
http://www.offroaders.com/tech/AT-MT...ia-MT-Tire.htm

If you have the option and care about buying American, look for the Hercules Trail Digger M/T.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:37 AM   #3
bkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I like the looks of them but they dont make a 33 20......
Old 06-19-2012, 09:23 PM   #4

No opinions on these tires???
Old 06-19-2012, 10:50 PM   #5
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'm going to go out on the "You get what you pay for" limb.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:45 AM   #6

Yeah im a firm believer in that as well.....but they got such great reviews online i just wanted to see if anyone here knew anything about them before i ruled them out!!
Old 06-20-2012, 04:29 PM   #7
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
The company is more well known in drift community. Not sure about their offroad tires.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:25 PM   #8

Well i think i might give em a try they are only $700 for a set of 33x12.50x20 where as toyos, nittos, kuhmos and everyone elses tires are over double that.....so who cares if they only last 20k miles ill buy another set and still be ahead of the game ya know
Old 06-20-2012, 09:36 PM   #9
Weapon Mechanic

Make sure to post pics once they're on. Just out of curiosity, what was the reasoning behind running 20" wheels?
Old 06-21-2012, 12:01 PM   #10

100% based on looks.....i dont do a whole lot of offroading i just like the looks of the bigger wheel and my buddy has a 2011 taco with 33 20s and they look amazing! Just a personal preference.....
Old 06-21-2012, 03:09 PM   #11
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxRome View Post
DO NOT GET THESE!!!! i had them on my truck when i boought it, tires were about 90% tread left, they lasted about 12k mi before they went nearly bald and they are loud as fuck and never could get them balanced good.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:30 PM   #12

Thats what i was looking for! Thats all i needed to hear!! Thank you
Old 09-09-2013, 05:21 PM   #13
CowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CowboyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I would like to get some more opinion than that. I've had good luck with lesser known brands. I think it has a lot to do with how you care for the tires.

Sure, if you drive 20k miles and never rotate them and peel out around corners...they won't last. But if you keep them balanced, properly inflated and make sure your truck is in good alignment, there's no reason you shouldnt have good success with these.

I've read several good reviews, and I see them on a lot of trucks in my area. I'd like to hear more first hand experience.

So what did you go with, OP?
Old 09-10-2013, 06:32 AM   #14

Sorry I no longer have my taco but I ran 33x12.50x20 toyo m/t and they were great.....for looks that is! Very heavy tires mpg went way down and very noisy on the road and very expensive but IMO you can't beat their looks!
Old 09-10-2013, 06:52 AM   #15
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboyTaco View Post
I would like to get some more opinion than that. I've had good luck with lesser known brands. I think it has a lot to do with how you care for the tires.

Sure, if you drive 20k miles and never rotate them and peel out around corners...they won't last. But if you keep them balanced, properly inflated and make sure your truck is in good alignment, there's no reason you shouldnt have good success with these.

I've read several good reviews, and I see them on a lot of trucks in my area. I'd like to hear more first hand experience.

So what did you go with, OP?
I work at a tire shop so I rotate and balance regularly and do my own alignments and they still went down quick
Old 09-10-2013, 10:16 AM   #16
Total Automotive Performance
TacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bobby
TacoDeLaPlaya's Tacoma Gallery
I have used the federal 595 and 595 rs car tires on my 99 civic si. They were great tires for the price and had a great compound that lasted a long time. Idk anything about the truck tire specifically but i do recommend the brand as a whole. I would get them or treadwright
Old 09-10-2013, 11:08 AM   #17
JWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Waldo
JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
I had these tires a while back.. They're so damn loud, even when brand new. But they cleaned well and dug some deep ruts. They're not the best tire and they wore really quick. There are better same price range tires out there.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:07 PM   #18
CowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CowboyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxRome View Post
I work at a tire shop so I rotate and balance regularly and do my own alignments and they still went down quick
I didn't mean to imply that you didn't take care of them. I just have a hard time believing that they could be that bad.

I see them on a lot of trucks around here. Very rarely do you see any that look worn down...