Notices

New guy lookin' for wheels

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-23-2012, 10:41 AM   #1
762NateOh is on a distinguished road
Name: Nate
762NateOh's Tacoma Gallery
New guy lookin' for wheels

Hey all, just picked up an 04 Tacoma last month.
Pretty much wanted a Tacoma as long as I can remember, awesome truck so far.

Anywho - it'll need tires sooner than later and I've been toying with the idea of picking up a set of wheels as well.
I've been looking at the KMC enduros - I dig em, and always thought I'd want dark/black wheels, but the more I look at trucks my color (lunar mist I think?), I think a brushed aluminum would look good.

I'm currently running Bridgestone duellers 265/70/16's - I wouldn't mind going up maybe a tire size. Looking at the Nitto Terra Grappler's.
I'd like to stick with a 16" wheel, probably 16x8.

Any suggestions? Pics are a big help. I've found a lot of pics, but truthfully am not that familiar with truck tire/wheel sizes - so if they arent listed, I have no idea what I'm looking at

Thanks in advance..
And an obligatory pic

Old 06-23-2012, 10:48 AM   #2
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
Goodlooking truck Nate. Welcome. Went to 17s myself. Just like the look.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:50 AM   #4
I kinda like these....

I don't really like the centercap - any other wheels like this (they also don't come in 17")?
Old 06-24-2012, 12:09 PM   #6
Stumbled across these at Discount tires site

Old 06-26-2012, 12:21 AM   #7
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
click on my sig and check out the F-5 model. it's going to be release in a few weeks. it's 16x8 and available in matte gunmetal.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:44 AM   #8
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Nothing wrong with the wheels you have, they look good on a silver Taco.
Just put some more rubber on them. At least 265/75/16s.
Mine with 255/85/16 BFG KM2s (33.3")
Old 06-26-2012, 01:00 AM   #9
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSPerformance View Post
click on my sig and check out the F-5 model. it's going to be release in a few weeks. it's 16x8 and available in matte gunmetal.
I want some of the Matte Black 17's! They look so sick!

Got your decals the other day, I'll have to post pictures when I get them on
Old 06-26-2012, 01:02 AM   #10
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmccul View Post
I want some of the Matte Black 17's! They look so sick!

Got your decals the other day, I'll have to post pictures when I get them on
x2 just havent decided on where to put it
Old 06-26-2012, 01:04 AM   #11
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
I started doing the inside of the hatch, kinda like the FJ guys do
Old 06-26-2012, 01:08 AM   #12
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmccul View Post
I started doing the inside of the hatch, kinda like the FJ guys do
i might put one on my laptop or my cup i take to work
Old 06-26-2012, 07:53 AM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSPerformance View Post

Wow.... Not bad.
I might have to get in on the group buy...
Old 06-26-2012, 01:31 PM   #14
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JdMeF9SiR2's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to JdMeF9SiR2
How about these? They are available right now, no waiting. =)

Gunmetal or matte black are both available. Made in Japan, name brand, brand new wheels.

Weds Adventure Hase Spec wheels, 16x8" 0mm offset (4.5" back spacing).

I can get you a really good deal on them too!

Old 06-26-2012, 04:24 PM   #15
PM'ed
Old 06-26-2012, 06:12 PM   #16
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JdMeF9SiR2's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to JdMeF9SiR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 762NateOh View Post
PM'ed
PM replied