Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-23-2012, 07:07 PM   #1
Born yesterday
BB72 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
BB72's Tacoma Gallery
Help me choose some tires

Some background - I drive mostly highway or in town. Probably 90%. But at least a couple times a month I'm heading off road, but nothing too serious, just decommissioned logging roads, sometimes shallow creek crossings.

Also, I'm planning a lift in the next year or so, but can't afford it now, but I need tires now. So I'm going to go with 265/70/17, so that it doesn't look wussy when I do lift it. I've read that I won't have any problem with rubbing on stock suspension and wheels.

I'm going to be using these in the winter as well, heavy snow and ice, I work mostly in whistler. I should buy proper winters, but again budget is an issue this year so I will hold off on those till next year.

This is my first poll so hopefully it works.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:15 PM   #3
Born yesterday
BB72 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
BB72's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Hankook Dynapro ATm
Hmm. Can't find those in Squamish - where do you get em?

For that matter, where do you get good deals on tires here in BC? For 4new tires I'm looking at $1100 or so according to the quotes I got today for the tires in the above poll.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:22 PM   #4
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB72 View Post
Hmm. Can't find those in Squamish - where do you get em?

For that matter, where do you get good deals on tires here in BC? For 4new tires I'm looking at $1100 or so according to the quotes I got today for the tires in the above poll.
I ordered my Hankooks through my buddies garage

My LT275/70/17 Hankook ATm's were almost $1400 mounted , taxes in

We get jacked on tires in Canada
Old 06-23-2012, 07:23 PM   #5
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I think Big O Tires carries Hankook
Old 06-23-2012, 07:23 PM   #6
PantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Luke
Location: Home: Lexington, VA Current: Pittsburgh/Chicora, PA
PantherTaco's Tacoma Gallery
nitto trail grapplers, or if you want better mpg/less agressive tread, terra grapplers (i have terras and love them)