Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

16x8" and 17x9" - New Wheel Design Previews

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-25-2012, 06:27 PM   #1
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JdMeF9SiR2's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to JdMeF9SiR2
16x8" and 17x9" - New Wheel Design Previews

08/01/2012 UPDATE: Page 2 has been updated with specs and pics of one of the new wheels.

I just wanted to share with everyone a few new styles I found out about from FN Wheels, Advanti Racing, and Konig Wheels. I saw the wheels while I was visiting with my friends from FN Wheels. They tell me everything should be out over the course of this summer and early fall.

1) Yet to be named wheel

Specs:

16x8"
6x139.7mm
-25mm offset (3.52" back spacing)
106.1mm hub centric application available for Toyotas.
Center caps will be included with every set

Colors:
-Matte bronze
-Matte black
-Anthracite gunmetal

2) Yet to be named wheel

Specs:

17x9"
6x139.7mm
0mm offset (5" back spacing)
Center caps will be included with every set.

Colors:
-Matte bronze
-Matte black
-Graphite dark gunmetal
(The original sample photo of a white wheel has been removed and an updated photo is now shown below.)

3) Advanti Roccia - Special Edition

Specs:
16x8"
6x139.7mm
-6mm offset (4.26" back spacing)

This wheel can also be ordered in 17x9", 18x9" or 20x9" with either 0mm offset (5" BS) or +12mm offset (5.47" BS), as well as different bolt patterns (such as 5x114.3 for the 5-lug Tacomas, 5x150 for new Tundras, etc).

The changes to this wheel vs. the regular edition are:
-No additional machining / no raised accents. The whole wheel is smooth, and the wheel is entirely matte black.
-Matte black rivets have been used to keep the look even cleaner.

These changes came directly from Tacoma World member feedback that was relayed to Advanti and FN Wheels.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:29 PM   #2
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
What's the weight of the Hase clone?
Old 06-25-2012, 06:36 PM   #3
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
What's the weight of the Hase clone?
They tell me the exact weight is TBD, but it is expected to be under 20lbs once all is said and done. This is with a 955KG load rating (2,100lbs +) and support for at least 35" tires.

FYI, this makes the wheel lighter and just as strong as a 16x8
-25mm offset Weds Hase Spec.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:41 PM   #4
Resident SUV racer
Lucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Lucario Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JdMeF9SiR2 View Post
I just wanted to share with everyone a few new styles I found out about from FN Wheels, Advanti Racing, and Konig Wheels. I saw the wheels while I was visiting with my friends from FN Wheels. They tell me everything should be out over the course of this summer and early fall.

1) Yet to be named wheel

Specs:

16x8"
6x139.7mm

Colors:
-Matte bronze
-Matte black
-Anthracite gunmetal

If this was made in 17in or 18in I would be all over it! Why the small size? I understand for the offroad guys but could ya'll expand the market?
Old 06-25-2012, 06:43 PM   #5
RN
BenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
BenJammn5's Tacoma Gallery
1) Yet to be named wheel

Specs:
16x8"
6x139.7mm

^ That is some back spacing, love the dimensions for a 8" rim.

#2 is what I would put on an Xrunner
#3 looks traditional to a lot of procomps, AR etc. but it's a clean design.

Really like #1 as you cannot find a lot of hubcentric wheels with that backspacing.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:33 PM   #6
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario Runner View Post
If this was made in 17in or 18in I would be all over it! Why the small size? I understand for the offroad guys but could ya'll expand the market?
They felt that they had the most demand for a wheel of these specs / design in a 16x8". I will definitely pass on your input that you'd like a 17" version as well, and if there are enough guys that feel the same way you do I am sure they will be able to add a 17" version as well. In fact, this 16" version is coming out because of a group of people (myself included) asking them to make it.

Wheel #2 is coming out as a 17x9", and they already offer a few similar designs in 17" and 18", such as these:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJammn5 View Post
1) Yet to be named wheel

Specs:
16x8"
6x139.7mm

^ That is some back spacing, love the dimensions for a 8" rim.

#2 is what I would put on an Xrunner
#3 looks traditional to a lot of procomps, AR etc. but it's a clean design.

Really like #1 as you cannot find a lot of hubcentric wheels with that backspacing.
1) I agree! That backspacing gives a really aggressive stance. Perfect for long travel setups.
2) I will pass on the word about the XRunner. I think it'd look good on an XRunner too. The idea behind this wheel is to create a 17" version of this 18" wheel (below):

3) Also agreed, and I was glad to see Advanti change the design up a little to be more simple and refined. The black rivets are nice touch too, in my opinion.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:36 PM   #7
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JdMeF9SiR2 View Post
3) Advanti Roccia - Special Edition

Specs:
16x8"
6x139.7mm
-6mm offset (4.26" back spacing)

These changes came directly from Tacoma World member feedback that was relayed to Advanti and FN Wheels.
Holy crap I would buy these. Is there a regular edition I can buy now??

ETA: I see the regulars have silver inserts and look like motos. No interest there, but the black ones are sweet.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:06 PM   #8
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymerhead View Post
Holy crap I would buy these. Is there a regular edition I can buy now??

ETA: I see the regulars have silver inserts and look like motos. No interest there, but the black ones are sweet.
I had been hearing from everyone that they'd like to see the wheel more refined with the raised parts smoothed out, and no contrast / polished machining. Advanti made this sample to show off to Tacoma World to see if this is what you guys wanted. I take it this is more along the lines of what everyone hoping for.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:19 AM   #9
HI TACO 66 is on a distinguished road
HI TACO 66's Tacoma Gallery
sick wheels
Old 06-27-2012, 05:38 PM   #10
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by HI TACO 66 View Post
sick wheels
Thanks! I agree too. I will pass on your thoughts to the manufacturers.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:44 PM   #11
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
interested in price of the 3.5" backspacing wheel but in 17" diameter if possible.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:19 PM   #12
Beretta Taco
Mescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant future

Firefighter: Come from a family of Army and Air Force
Name: Matt
Mescalero's Tacoma Gallery
yeah those Advanti Roccia - Special Edition look interesting.

cool find.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:05 PM   #13
slcnbldr has a brilliant futureslcnbldr has a brilliant futureslcnbldr has a brilliant futureslcnbldr has a brilliant futureslcnbldr has a brilliant futureslcnbldr has a brilliant futureslcnbldr has a brilliant futureslcnbldr has a brilliant futureslcnbldr has a brilliant futureslcnbldr has a brilliant futureslcnbldr has a brilliant future

Name: Anthony
slcnbldr's Tacoma Gallery
The Advanti Roccia is perfect as is...I'll take a set!
Old 06-28-2012, 02:09 PM   #14
subwayaz is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Aircraft, Maint
subwayaz's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

I like those first FN rims. Sweet!

Dang aren't they pricey though.....

Thanks for sharing
Old 06-28-2012, 03:04 PM   #15
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
interested in price of the 3.5" backspacing wheel but in 17" diameter if possible.
The 3.5" back spacing 5-spoke wheel will only be offered in a 16" from what they tell me. However, they did mention that if there is enough demand (20 or so customers), a 17" version can be made. It would require a new mould to be manufactured, so that is why they need at least 20 customers.

I will definitely pass on your screen name as someone who is interested in a 17" version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mescalero View Post
yeah those Advanti Roccia - Special Edition look interesting.

cool find.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slcnbldr View Post
The Advanti Roccia is perfect as is...I'll take a set!
Quote:
Originally Posted by subwayaz View Post
I like those first FN rims. Sweet!

Thanks for sharing
Thanks guys! I will pass on all of your thoughts, and I'll post more photos and specs as I get them.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:54 AM   #16
PAKraig is on a distinguished road

Name: Kraig
PAKraig's Tacoma Gallery
Silver?

How about a 17x8 Countersteer Type X in Silver?

Hate to have to rattle can an 800 dollar set of wheels......
Old 06-29-2012, 12:02 PM   #17
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
At it again! Looks good, I'm still waiting to see the type x in 16 rather than 17"

picky, dbag, customers haha
Old 06-29-2012, 03:59 PM   #18
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAKraig View Post
How about a 17x8 Countersteer Type X in Silver?

Hate to have to rattle can an 800 dollar set of wheels......
There actually is a new color coming out for the 17x8" Konig Countersteer Type X. It's not silver, but it's pretty close. The color will be anthracite light gunmetal, which is a light metallic grey. As soon as I'm able to get some photos I will post it up. If you're looking for silver, I think you'll like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
At it again! Looks good, I'm still waiting to see the type x in 16 rather than 17"
That would be cool too, but I don't know that it will be coming out anytime soon. These new 16x8" wheels look pretty similar to the Countersteer Type X (just one less spoke). I think the 5-spoke design would look really good on the badass, low-mileage pickup that you just got.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:18 PM   #19
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
I'm surprised at the lack of 16" aftermarket wheels. There are a lot of us who like a little style and still want a nice meaty tire.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:41 PM   #20
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymerhead View Post
I'm surprised at the lack of 16" aftermarket wheels. There are a lot of us who like a little style and still want a nice meaty tire.
I agree, and I believe that's why 2 of the 3 wheels I saw / posted here are 16". They are trying to fill that void in the market right now.

To play devil's advocate: I believe a lot of the newer vehicles require 17" / 18" + wheels for brake clearance, so wheel manufacturers are finding the market for 16" wheels more limited.