Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

New Rubber Arrived

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-26-2012, 04:35 PM   #1
Tacoma convert
viperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant future
Navy: DoN civilian
viperstd's Tacoma Gallery
New Rubber Arrived

I just picked up some 255/80R17 BFG KM2s to replace my A/Ts. I ordered them from the T/R Sunday at 2300 and they were here at 1600 today! Sweet. The service was spot on. They called to confirm that I wanted the size I ordered since it 'wouldn't fit w/o a lift'. Thank you.

For those that are wondering, I weighed the tires w/ the bathroom scale and saw 56.6 lbs a tire.

Now I need to figure out what truck that they should go on.

Here?

Here?

How about here?

They make the A/Ts look short, fat, & worn-out (they have 36,000 mi).
Old 06-28-2012, 06:29 AM   #2
Tacoma convert
viperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant future
Anyone think they will rub w/ a 3" OME kit? Looks like it is going to be close.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:45 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Perfect fit for the S-10
Old 06-29-2012, 11:19 AM   #4
Fiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fiveology's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperstd View Post
Anyone think they will rub w/ a 3" OME kit? Looks like it is going to be close.
Running the 3" OME on mine with 255/85 KM2s. Very minor rub in the front, that was easily fixed with a heat gun and bending some fender liner out of the way. After that fix, I have no rub on or off road up front. Mine do rub a bit in the rear when flexed off road, but my wheels have less backspace then stock, and I am pretty sure that is the main cause.
Old 06-30-2012, 03:43 PM   #5
Tacoma convert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveology View Post
Running the 3" OME on mine with 255/85 KM2s. Very minor rub in the front, that was easily fixed with a heat gun and bending some fender liner out of the way. After that fix, I have no rub on or off road up front. Mine do rub a bit in the rear when flexed off road, but my wheels have less backspace then stock, and I am pretty sure that is the main cause.
Great info. I'll post a pic and report after I get them mounted (could be a while!)
Old 07-02-2012, 05:24 PM   #6
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
Throw them on the S-10.

My daughter was looking over my shoulder when I scrolled thru your post and she really likes the lime green Jeep. Yours?

Nice tires!
Old 07-02-2012, 06:39 PM   #7
Tacoma convert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardscrabble View Post
Throw them on the S-10.

My daughter was looking over my shoulder when I scrolled thru your post and she really likes the lime green Jeep. Yours?

Nice tires!
Both of the Heeps (The Grand Cherokee and Rubicon) in the driveway are the girlfriends. That lime green JK makes me smile every time I see it. Love the color or hate it, it is hard not to smile first thing in the morning when you see it. That JK is pretty sweet for being a Jeep and I love how you can mod them to the hilt!

If I throw the BFGs on the S-10, I need to figure out a way to tuck them so I can still ride low on mud terrains .

:Cheers:
Old 07-02-2012, 06:42 PM   #8
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperstd View Post
Both of the Heeps (The Grand Cherokee and Rubicon) in the driveway are the girlfriends. That lime green JK makes me smile every time I see it. Love the color or hate it, it is hard not to smile first thing in the morning when you see it. That JK is pretty sweet for being a Jeep and I love how you can mod them to the hilt!

If I throw the BFGs on the S-10, I need to figure out a way to tuck them so I can still ride low on mud terrains .

:Cheers:

you will need to take the body and bed off. problem solved.