Notices

Which lift route to go???

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-27-2012, 04:37 AM   #1
Hdeuce22 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
Hdeuce22's Tacoma Gallery
Which lift route to go???

I have a 07' DC TRD and I'm wanting to step up to 18" wheels and possibly move up to the 285/60/18. I'm curious as to which would be best for me to go with. Either the Toytec 3" spacer lift for the front with 2" AAL in the rear or the Bilstein height adjustable fronts and rear? Seems to me I would get more lift with the Toytec option,however the Bilstein route is a little more expensive. Thoughts please?
Old 06-27-2012, 06:08 AM   #3
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
5100 for the rear is not going to give any lift because its just a shock. I don't like any of your ideas. I would only consider a three lesf add a leaf or new rear spring pack. New coils. New shocks. Everything else is a half assed solution. I suggest learning about your trucks suspension before making any decision.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:12 AM   #4
Stay lifted my friends !
Wattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Uncle K
Wattapunk's Tacoma Gallery
There are no adjustable rear Billies, only front.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:15 AM   #5
Hdeuce22 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
Hdeuce22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevL View Post
5100 for the rear is not going to give any lift because its just a shock. I don't like any of your ideas. I would only consider a three lesf add a leaf or new rear spring pack. New coils. New shocks. Everything else is a half assed solution. I suggest learning about your trucks suspension before making any decision.
I'm aware I won't get any lift with just the rear shocks but I forgot to include the AAL in the rear to go with the 1.75 setting in the front.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:50 AM   #7
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Get new springs. Avoid preload.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:59 AM   #8
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I'd stay away from spacer lifts if I were you and most people will agree with me. You dont want to go cheap with a lift so either save up or spend that extra cash for a descent suspension lift....it will be worth it in the long run trust me.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:04 AM   #9
greenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shed
greenrustic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevL View Post
Get new springs. Avoid preload.
Whats wrong with preload on the front springs? I hear a lot of folks raving about the 5100's set at 1.75". I was thinking about getting billies all around and setting the fronts to 1.75" and putting and Icon 3 leaf aal in the rear.