Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Your tire opinion...

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-27-2012, 05:40 PM   #1
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Your tire opinion...

for a 2010 dcsb 4x4 with 16" steelies.

99.99999% street use. I use the truck like a pickup truck. I don't abuse it, I keep it clean...but it's no show truck. I don't hunt. I don't mud or "wheel" it off-road.

It's currently a carpenters truck because I'm building a new home...but it's doubtful I'll continue in the contracting business (kinda old and worn out-burnt out...but that's another story)

I have the TSB rear springs, and a set of four 5100's new in the box that will be part of the equation. I'll probably set the front 5100's at .85 (just to compensate for the inch or so lift the TSB springs gave the rear)

I also want to upgrade to 265 tire over the stock 245 Dunlap's.

gimme your top two or 3 choices.

TIA
Old 06-27-2012, 06:16 PM   #2
Beretta Taco
Mescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant future

Firefighter: Come from a family of Army and Air Force
Name: Matt
Mescalero's Tacoma Gallery
hankooks last forever and soft/quiet from everything ive read.

thats just my 1 cent.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:28 PM   #3
Fish
ABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
ABregenzer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
for a 2010 dcsb 4x4 with 16" steelies.

99.99999% street use. I use the truck like a pickup truck. I don't abuse it, I keep it clean...but it's no show truck. I don't hunt. I don't mud or "wheel" it off-road.

It's currently a carpenters truck because I'm building a new home...but it's doubtful I'll continue in the contracting business (kinda old and worn out-burnt out...but that's another story)

I have the TSB rear springs, and a set of four 5100's new in the box that will be part of the equation. I'll probably set the front 5100's at .85 (just to compensate for the inch or so lift the TSB springs gave the rear)

I also want to upgrade to 265 tire over the stock 245 Dunlap's.

gimme your top two or 3 choices.

TIA
Well first, what's your budget?

Michelin LT/X M/S2 are amazing tires. They last a hell of a long time if you treat them right. But those would be a more expensive set.

My next choice would be Goodyear wranglers. Then check out the bridgestone dueler.