Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

35x12.5x15s on 15x7 wheels?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-27-2012, 08:20 PM   #1
H Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Heather
H Bomb's Tacoma Gallery
35x12.5x15s on 15x7 wheels?

I am getting 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2s. The guy at Discount Tire said it would be no problem to run them on my current wheels, which are 15x7s. Is this information correct? Will it be safe? Will my tread wear unevenly? I have searched but can't find a definitive answer. I would prefer to keep my current wheels because I like them...but I am more than willing to buy wider wheels if that is best. Thanks for any input.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:22 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
As per the BFG website, the KM2s in 35x12.5x15 are approved for wheels 8.5" to 11" wide.

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/tire-...techspec_table
Old 06-27-2012, 08:24 PM   #3
H Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shed
H Bomb's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you! Guess that answers that. I wonder why the Discount guy was so positive that it would work...
Old 06-27-2012, 08:27 PM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
Thank you! Guess that answers that. I wonder why the Discount guy was so positive that it would work...
Probably because "we've done it before"
Old 06-27-2012, 08:30 PM   #5
H Bomb's Tacoma Gallery
Hahaha lovely...

Well, thanks again for the info. Guess I get to go wheel shopping now
Old 06-27-2012, 08:32 PM   #6
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hahaha lovely...

Well, thanks again for the info. Guess I get to go wheel shopping now
I'm not for sure since your truck is a bit older than what I usually see for wheel and tire combos on here, but you're going to want something with less than 4.0 backspacing to clear those 12.5's. Maybe like a 3.5 BS.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:36 PM   #7
H Bomb's Tacoma Gallery
I'm solid axle swapping it...so I will have the front of an 85 pickup. But i think you are right, I remember reading that 3.5 to 4 back spacing would work.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:38 PM   #8
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm solid axle swapping it...so I will have the front of an 85 pickup. But i think you are right, I remember reading that 3.5 to 4 back spacing would work.
I don't know jack about ideal sas wheel setups. Good luck with the swap.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:40 PM   #9
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I've got them on 8" wide ATX wheels, thats about as narrow as you want to go probably.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:50 PM   #10
H Bomb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
I've got them on 8" wide ATX wheels, thats about as narrow as you want to go probably.
Good to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
I don't know jack about ideal sas wheel setups. Good luck with the swap.
Thanks!