Notices

Spidertrax Question?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-28-2012, 04:27 AM   #1
Hdeuce22 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
Hdeuce22's Tacoma Gallery
Spidertrax Question?

I have a 07' DC TRD and thinking about going to an 18x9 wheel. I do not have a lift but I do plan on getting the front and rear billies and leveling out the front. I'm not necessarily wanting to tallest tire but I would like some width. If I went with the 265/65/18 setup like KPT has,would it be feasible to go with a set of spidertrax just to give me a little more width and would this be my best option for what I'm trying to accomplish? Thanks in advance!
Old 06-28-2012, 04:36 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
If you're getting new wheels, why not just get the backspacing you want rather than using spacers?
Old 06-28-2012, 04:49 AM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
If you're getting new wheels, why not just get the backspacing you want rather than using spacers?
Yes,that does seem to make more sense huh? Do you know what the most BS I'd be able to go with and not rub?
Old 06-28-2012, 05:06 AM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hdeuce22 View Post
Yes,that does seem to make more sense huh? Do you know what the most BS I'd be able to go with and not rub?
I'd shoot a PM over to KPT. I'm not up on my wheel specs
Old 06-28-2012, 05:29 AM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I'd shoot a PM over to KPT. I'm not up on my wheel specs
I think I will do that. Appreciate it
Old 06-28-2012, 07:10 AM   #6
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Replied to your PM. I wouldn't go any less than 4.5", especially with a 9" wide wheel.

That setup will stick out 3" more than stock already. If you go any further you'll definitely have some rubbing. In fact TW member babytruck had 17x9's, 4.5" BS, with 265/70/17's, and rubbed at stock height, because the edge of the wheel is out so far.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:04 AM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Replied to your PM. I wouldn't go any less than 4.5", especially with a 9" wide wheel.

That setup will stick out 3" more than stock already. If you go any further you'll definitely have some rubbing. In fact TW member babytruck had 17x9's, 4.5" BS, with 265/70/17's, and rubbed at stock height, because the edge of the wheel is out so far.
I definitely don't want to get into cutting and chopping everything. Thanks a lot for all your help.