Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

DuraTracs or BFG All Terrains

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-29-2012, 05:09 PM   #1
dalexander is on a distinguished road
dalexander's Tacoma Gallery
DuraTracs or BFG All Terrains

Ok, Now I am stuck between the two. Live in Alaska, not an off-roader but plenty of gravel and dirt roads with pot holes and bigger to the rivers. Mostly highway with ice and snow and a lot of rain. Now I'm leaning towards the DuraTracs, they look a little more aggressive so was wondering about road noise. I just need a "c" load. Thanks for your help again!
Old 06-29-2012, 05:12 PM   #2
Shut up Hippie!
ffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: space ship door gunner
Name: Austin
ffemt2987's Tacoma Gallery
No question... Duratracs
Old 06-29-2012, 05:13 PM   #3
It is a Fluid Situation
goomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud of
Name: Josh
goomba's Tacoma Gallery
If you live in alaska deff duratracks!
Old 06-29-2012, 05:23 PM   #4
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Both good tires. I love my Duratracs so I'm partial to them. They've done very well in the snow I've had them in. Do well in the sand as well.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:50 PM   #5
whitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
whitetaco02's Tacoma Gallery
I say BFG'S. I have Duratracs and can't stand them! But, if you need a C rated tire than Duratracs.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:52 PM   #6
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetaco02 View Post
I say BFG'S. I have Duratracs and can't stand them! But, if you need a C rated tire than Duratracs.
Really? huh
have you had BFGs?

I vote Duratracs. on my second set now, love 'em except for the thin sidewall.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:55 PM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Flip a coin.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:00 PM   #8
x2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

x2468's Tacoma Gallery
There is like a 20 page thread with almost this exact title. Try doing a search.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:59 PM   #9
whitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
whitetaco02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker_troy View Post
Really? huh
have you had BFGs?

I vote Duratracs. on my second set now, love 'em except for the thin sidewall.
Yep! I had them on my 02.
Old 07-01-2012, 02:18 PM   #10
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
BFG!
Old 07-01-2012, 02:19 PM   #11
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
ive had both...i prefer the duratracs
Old 07-01-2012, 02:26 PM   #12
TheHansen is on a distinguished road

TheHansen's Tacoma Gallery
Ive seen both on friends trucks. The duratracs perform better. one of my friends has 50k miles on his duratracs and they have plenty of life left. About half worn

Which is why i just got some duratracs put on my truck.
Old 07-01-2012, 02:43 PM   #13
AcadianTaco is a jewel in the roughAcadianTaco is a jewel in the roughAcadianTaco is a jewel in the roughAcadianTaco is a jewel in the rough
Name: Vince
AcadianTaco's Tacoma Gallery
The advantage of the BFG AT over the Duratracs is it's sidewall. The Duratracs may perform better as far as traction is concerned, but the BFG AT is more rugged. That's my $.02
Old 07-01-2012, 02:45 PM   #14
toyoteron is on a distinguished road
Name: Myles
toyoteron's Tacoma Gallery
Duratracs all day.
Old 07-01-2012, 02:58 PM   #15
Jetfixer
aptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adrian
aptech's Tacoma Gallery
my bfg blew out on me totaled my 93. read several post of the same thing in discount tire. i have duratracs. good in mud sand dirt, all round. did notice that you can install spikes on them.
and all tires are made in different ratings. e is available in duratracs i believe
Old 07-01-2012, 04:12 PM   #16
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcadianTaco View Post
The advantage of the BFG AT over the Duratracs is it's sidewall. The Duratracs may perform better as far as traction is concerned, but the BFG AT is more rugged. That's my $.02
I disagree
Old 07-01-2012, 04:23 PM   #17
AcadianTaco is a jewel in the roughAcadianTaco is a jewel in the roughAcadianTaco is a jewel in the roughAcadianTaco is a jewel in the rough
Name: Vince
AcadianTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Well I had 2 sets of BFG MT and 2 set of BFG AT between 1988 and 1995. Had no issues with either. I guess I should try a set of Duratrac next, maybe I'll change my mind.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:14 AM   #19
huckfin is just really nicehuckfin is just really nicehuckfin is just really nicehuckfin is just really nicehuckfin is just really nice
huckfin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aptech View Post
my bfg blew out on me totaled my 93. read several post of the same thing in discount tire. i have duratracs. good in mud sand dirt, all round. did notice that you can install spikes on them.
and all tires are made in different ratings. e is available in duratracs i believe
yeah i've heard that about the bfg a/t before, they just blow up while driving down the road, no warnings or reasoning. and i've also heard the spikes are very popular on the duratracs, very practical mod for sure.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:22 AM   #20
ilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant future

ilove_taco_ma's Tacoma Gallery
bfg a/t cost less and does well on both roads. duratracs are more $$$ and does better in gravels and snow. its up to you man.